Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your pets emergency poo/pee area.

• 03-08-2014 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

From about 9 months old I trained my dog to poo or pee in the shower if she needed go and I was not there to let her out.

How often she does this is rear but at least it is an option if she has to go.

I would hate to think my dog if I can't get home has to hold it in for as lone as it takes me to get home.

Btw my dog does not want to do her poo/wee in the home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RandomIrishGuy

What is your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

What is your point?

If a dog is left alone then it should have a place to poo if left alone to long.
    Dogs left alone and expect not to wee or poo.

Easy, Give them a place to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I don't think my dog would let himself go inside, unless he was sick or something. He'd hold it no matter what... He holds it at the groomers too, apart from a pee maybe.
    I just stick to a time frame, and of course make sure the business is done before I go if at all possible.
    I wish I could train him to go somewhere in an emergency like you. When it was raining continuously (and strongly), I put lots of newspaper behind the front door, but he still wouldn't go inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

anywhere he see's fit by the looks of it. no matter how training you give him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I don't think my dog would let himself go inside, unless he was sick or something. He'd hold it no matter what... He holds it at the groomers too, apart from a pee maybe.
    I just stick to a time frame, and of course make sure the business is done before I go if at all possible.
    I wish I could train him to go somewhere in an emergency like you. When it was raining continuously (and strongly), I put lots of newspaper behind the front door, but he still wouldn't go inside.

I trained my dog from a young age when she would not go out if it was raining.
    I would hate to think of my dog left inside if I can't get home for some time and no where for the dog to pee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 RandomIrishGuy

Leave a newspaper by the door if I think I'm going to be gone a few hour. There usually good to hold it In though, poor things!

Advertisement