Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross fit Navan vs crossfit trim

Options
  • 03-08-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Moving to navan and hoping to join up cross fit in area.See there are 2 crossfit gyms in navan area - one in navan and another in trim.Just wondering which one people find better value - the place in trim seems cheaper but just wondering do you train with groups or on your own.Aso see that you have to do fundamental course in trim.If anybody knows of gyms in area that do crossfit like weight train def let me know - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

magicgal wrote: »
    Moving to navan and hoping to join up cross fit in area.See there are 2 crossfit gyms in navan area - one in navan and another in trim.Just wondering which one people find better value - the place in trim seems cheaper but just wondering do you train with groups or on your own.Aso see that you have to do fundamental course in trim.If anybody knows of gyms in area that do crossfit like weight train def let me know - thanks!

I haven't done crossfit in navan as I think crossfit is the work of the devil ....but I know of people that have and they recommend the navan one think its my studio .....

I mainly train powerlifting in club active gym ..In my opinion one of the best priced/equipped gyms I have been to they have a range of programs that might do you and the price is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Done both but must recommend Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TommyC1982

I have trained in Trim with Dave with excellent results. I have never stuck at conventional gyms but I have been welcomed and supported by everyone in the gym. If you have done crossfit before you probably won't have to do the fundamentals but if you're a novice question any place that doesn't insist on it being done

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

Vego wrote: »
    I haven't done crossfit in navan as I think crossfit is the work of the devil ....but I know of people that have and they recommend the navan one think its my studio .....

I mainly train powerlifting in club active gym ..In my opinion one of the best priced/equipped gyms I have been to they have a range of programs that might do you and the price is well worth it

That'd be my advice aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭magicgal

Thanks for the replies guys - not really a fan of Crossfit as find it's really a fad and over priced.I did few classes with an excellent trainer at very good price with a trainer in my home area ( outside Meath) and was always pushed.I did a "barbells" class in my studio last week but never used the barbell - just find they gave priority to the usual clients and was just pushing few kettlebells but we had to stretch in between EVERY rep that I didn't feel like I did anything in the class - I don't maybe just need to give it a chance
    Will try n pop over to Trim so soon
    Did a les mills body pump in club active - was better but only 2 classes in the week and can't make one class
    Another gym called think fitness 21? In Navan - they do hells bells class - what is that? Thought it may be kettle bells bit they do a separate kettlebells class on its own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

magicgal wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys - not really a fan of Crossfit as find it's really a fad and over priced.I did few classes with an excellent trainer at very good price with a trainer in my home area ( outside Meath) and was always pushed.I did a "barbells" class in my studio last week but never used the barbell - just find they gave priority to the usual clients and was just pushing few kettlebells but we had to stretch in between EVERY rep that I didn't feel like I did anything in the class - I don't maybe just need to give it a chance
    Will try n pop over to Trim so soon
    Did a les mills body pump in club active - was better but only 2 classes in the week and can't make one class
    Another gym called think fitness 21? In Navan - they do hells bells class - what is that? Thought it may be kettle bells bit they do a separate kettlebells class on its own

121 Fitness up in Mullaghboy.Hells bells is a kettlebell workout.

https://www.facebook.com/121fitnessmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 2 afitzpatrick

Hi there. I run Crossfit Navan. If you havent already commited elsewhere. I would be happy to chat to you in person or over the phone. Regards Alan

Advertisement