Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket name V passport name discrepancy

Options
  • 03-08-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am travelling to Cancun next week via a stop over in the USA. I have just realised my middle name is on my flight ticket but not on my passport. Will this cause a problem? I have heard mixed reviews, a few friends have said I won't be allowed in to the USA and a few others say I will be ok

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

Do NOT mention it at the check in counter for any of your flights.

My wife had a discrepancy between ticketed name and passport, and if she had said nothing they wouldn't have noticed it at all, but when she blurted it out we ended up paying a $100 "change fee" to print a new boarding pass. Total bs, but there was nothing to be done about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 byrner06

Thanks guys, my travel agent wanted to charge me €600 to take my middle name off the booking so il be telling them where to go

Advertisement