Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Preseason Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yep can see it now,

First Cut
    Roy Finch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

least he didn't fumble on the mulligan.

jaysus that was a poor attempt at a slide.

Nice crisp pass there from Mallett to Boyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Niners Gabbert = Jaguars Gabbert despite the reports he was looking like a different player.

Terrible INT.

Paully D wrote: »
    Niners Gabbert = Jaguars Gabbert despite the reports he was looking like a different player.

Terrible INT.
    Its preseson, first game, how about you give him a few drives before you call it!?

That Chris Jones down?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its preseson, first game, how about you give him a few drives before you call it!?

It was a few drives.

He's now 3/11 for 20 yards and 1 (very poor) INT at the half.

Kurt Warner is the co-commentator for the game and has just himself said virtually the same thing. He mentioned that he was excited to see him after hearing reports that he would be better, but said he hasn't completed passes or been at all accurate with the football.

A perfect example of Gabbert was seen in the middle of the second quarter. He had a receiver wide open on 3rd down about 8 or 9 yards away with limited pressure and all he had to do was throw the ball accurately and said receiver was away for a decent gain. Instead, he threw the ball behind the receiver, the receiver had to go backwards and stoop down to catch the ball and was ultimately stopped a yard short.

Yes, it's preseason. Yes, it's the first game. But he looks no better from the limited snaps he has played with the same issues that he had in Jacksonville coming to light already, despite the reports coming out of the camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Yep can see it now,

First Cut
    Roy Finch

Disappointed with his drop really looking good in camp thought he might push for a spot but that fumble is him done.

• Advertisement

Colt McCoy is looking decent.

Forbath could lose his job. Think I remember reading that he has a weak leg and it was messing up the Redskins on ST. That last kick is worse than Finch's fumble.

Yes Garoppolo is freed!

future GOAT.

ugh think he could have run it in?

Masked Man wrote: »
    Yes Garoppolo is freed!

Im delighted to see he brings his A game for games even if its a Pre-season. He was looking bad all the way through camp. If he keeps this up all the way through his bench warming we will be alright because Mallet is garbage.

• Advertisement

Lorenzo Taliaferro is a tough man to bring down.

Justin Tucker nails a 55 yarder with ease.

rough day for Finch.

Liking the look of Tyms!

Last five minutes now and I'm falling asleep so that's me done for the night. I'm quite happy with that as an opening preseason performance all things considered.

The offense under Kubiak looks interesting. The run game should be much improved if nothing else.

Lorenzo Taliaferro the most impressive for the Ravens IMO. I'm looking forward to watching him play more over the next few weeks.

Woodhead is awesome. Cowboys D is not.

Chargers offence could be a lot fun to watch this year.

Really hope Romo's back isn't as bad as it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What games should I check out on the journey home this evening? Thinking I can get 2 condensed games in on the train and gonna watch the Panthers live tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

What games should I check out on the journey home this evening? Thinking I can get 2 condensed games in on the train and gonna watch the Panthers live tonight.

Seahawkes game was a decent competitive enough one. Chargers shocking, jets was poor in second half anyway when backups came in. NE looks a blow out unless u want to see how goropilo got on. So toss up between ravens 9ers or the high scoring chiefs game after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

TO. wrote: »
    If he keeps this up all the way through his bench warming we will be alright because Mallet is garbage.

I read like 3 days ago that all the national media at camp are raving about him. Mayock said he saw an NFL starter, others saying he is ''Tom Brady in the making''.

How much do the Patriots pay these guys to say this sh*t?
    "I was blown away today. I saw a legitimate NFL starting quarterback today backing up Tom Brady," Mayock said after Monday's scrimmage versus the Redskins. "So as the season progresses and we get closer to draft time and what the Patriots can or can't do with him, I think they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo for a reason, as an insurance policy. But trust me, Ryan Mallett's a starting quarterback in this league, and he popped today."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/mayock-pats-ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

As exciting as it can be to just have football back on TV, the real goal of Friday night's game will be for the coaching staff and front office to evaluate their roster in real-game action and especially the no.1 QB. Bears lost 2013 backup Josh McCown in free agency so the Bears appeared content heading into the 2014 season with Jordan Palmer as their No. 2 quarterback. After Palmer missed time in minicamp because of a damaged muscle, the team opted to bring in former Carolina Panthers Jimmy Clausen for a workout and ultimately signed him. At this point, Palmer holds the upper hand in terms of familiarity with the system, and Clausen knows he needs to improve on that.

can't wait to see how zach hertz, matt barkley, mark sanshez, jordan matthwes, marcus smith, taylor hart and beau allen in particular do may end up missing the game so il have to watch it monday but there are far more preseason story lines than iv ever seen before on this eagles team

Oat23 wrote: »
    I read like 3 days ago that all the national media at camp are raving about him. Mayock said he saw an NFL starter, others saying he is ''Tom Brady in the making''.

It is absolutely ridiculous. He has completed a grand total of 1 pass in the regular season for a whopping total of 17 yards (per ESPN) and these media guys reckon he's an NFL starter. It's idiotic.

If the Patriots can somehow get a semi-decent draft pick for him off a completely desperate team it will robbery.

Kirk Cousins is another one. He has at least played more than a few snaps, but he's another that's not good enough to be a starter that has generated mid-round draft pick consideration in a trade.

It is absolutely ridiculous. He has completed a grand total of 1 pass in the regular season for a whopping total of 17 yards (per ESPN) and these media guys reckon he's an NFL starter. It's idiotic.

If the Patriots can somehow get a semi-decent draft pick for him off a completely desperate team it will robbery.

Kirk Cousins is another one. He has at least played more than a few snaps, but he's another that's not good enough to be a starter that has generated mid-round draft pick consideration in a trade.
    I think Cousins is good enough to be a starter, not only do I think that but I think he is good enough to be in the top half of starters in the league.

On Mallett, we really don't know how good or bad he is. If you seen Brady in preseason in 2000 you would understand this.

Another example is Brad Sorenson who I had as a binkie in last year's draft. He had a fantastic preseason but nobody is looking to take him off the Chargers and it looks like he is going to sit there and be a no.2/3 for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've only fully watched the niners ravens game and the big take away from it was that Blaine gabbert was horrible.

On Mallett, we really don't know how good or bad he is. If you seen Brady in preseason in 2000 you would understand this.

Honestly I don't see Mallett's situation and Brady's situation being comparable. Mallett has been with the team long enough now to prove he has some talent but every year he looks poor in what should be considered his proven ground i.e pre-season. I do believe the Pats see it this way also hence the move for Jimmy and all the trade speculation. He is never going to improve and if he ever does get his chance to be a NFL starter and do well and prove me wrong I will eat my hat and take pictures.

Edit: Mallett can throw a deep ball better than a short pass and it seems his attempts to fix his short passing game has been useless. He just cant throw short routes properly and he looks lazy in the pocket. He makes bad decisions all over the place. I just don't ever see him being our starter. The odd excellent flash he show is not enough.

Nice start for the Dolphins as their first team offense strolls down for a TD. Falcons looked worryingly soft though!

• Advertisement

Nice start for the Dolphins as their first team offense strolls down for a TD. Falcons looked worryingly soft though!

The Falcons are 1-11 in their last 12 preseason games. I'd like to see them get hammered as it will make Hard Knocks even more entertaining next week. :pac:

What game(s) are you all watching tonight? I'll go with the Raiders @ Vikings hoping to see Bridgewater get plenty of snaps. I have really high hopes for him.

All I'm looking for as an eagles fan tonight is the veterans to show they haven't gone noticeably backwards since last season and the rookies to show some potential. The score line means little to me being honest.

What game(s) are you all watching tonight? I'll go with the Raiders @ Vikings hoping to see Bridgewater get plenty of snaps. I have really high hopes for him.

Well the eagles as I'm an eagles fan.

Apparently redzone is live tonight, can't find it on gamepass though, anyone ?

Apparently redzone is live tonight, can't find it on gamepass though, anyone ?

Apparently whoever told you that is talking ****e as I checked as it told me check back at the regular season.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Apparently whoever told you that is talking ****e as I checked as it told me check back at the regular season.
    NFL Red Zone returns.

Commercial free football with @ScottHanson. Right NOW!
    ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 62 times62 FavoriteFavorited 44 times44
    More

Itssoeasy wrote: »

96fa9bd8514a43669f32c43ee480951d.png

Well this is what I'm getting on the gamepass app as of two minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Oh god, its going to suck being a Bucs fan again this year.

Getting mauled to bits by Jags DLine.

7-0 Jags after an INT by McCown

Richie Incognito might be getting a call soon.

Stupid INT from foles.

Two penalties in a row from the eagles.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Getting mauled to bits by Jags DLine.

That's a good D-line to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Oh yeah, but I might as well be in the Bucs OLine for all the good they are doing.

At least try to slow them down a bit :P

Bucs D looks good however.

McCown was a disaster. Lets see what Glennon can do.

So many flags in the bears game -_-

DDC1990 wrote: »

McCown was a disaster.

Absolutely shocked.

Not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Another INT for Foles.

Bears D played well in the first. Good pressure and two picks.

Cutty to the bench. Cutler 9-13, 85 yards, 1 TD.

SUPERBOWL :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep Jags D is pretty decent, for front 7 it's
    Texans
    Titans
    Jags
    Colts

Colts don't gave Mathis for the first 4 games but if anything happens to casey titans are screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Oat23 wrote: »
    So many flags in the bears game -_-

Absolutely shocked.

Not

Instant pressure on every snap. God love him behind a lovie o line - hasn't a hope.

Hope he has super health insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Watched some of the Saints vs. Rams game last night. Some decent plays but got too annoying to listen to the commentators so lost interest.

Every play that a rookie or a guy who wasn't a vet was involved in they would say the same line - "well that's the kind of play he's got to make if he wants to make the 53" regardless of whether he did it right or not.

Alas, the Packers tonight - finally!

• Advertisement
Advertisement