Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Preseason Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Got around the watching Ravens Niners

Strong run blocking and some excellent rushing gains. I can't believe my eyes :eek:

There was none of this last year!! Run game in 2013 was the laughing stock of the league

Young players going for the right tackle and 3rd corner spot vacated by free agent vets and both did well so that's good too :)

Our backup QB is exciting to watch with great scrambling and a powerful arm but he's just not accurate. If the GM could get a 6th for Tyrod Taylor I'd be delighted.

Excellent young player: Brandon Williams, 3rd round pick last year. Going to nail done the starting nose tackle job

Shocking young player: Chykie Brown. Entered camp with a chance to win the 3rd corner job and a cert to make the 53 but he's going to get cut if he doesn't improve

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Massive massive amount of optimism for tonight's game against Green Bay.

Locker had looked very good in practice

The D looks to be absolutely monstrous, by all reports they destroyed the falcons on Monday with the scrimmage.

The only concern is really the 2nd starting corner spot. Wimbley is like a new player and Morgan has excelled though he won't de dropping into coverage that much.

The o line is playing well, levitre probably won't play tonight so I'd expect to see Lewan get some snaps there.

I'm 100% excited to see what Sankey can do, Mccluster aswell he should really bring a lot of energy.

Our starting WRs, wright, Washington, hunter have been immense and I expect hunter to impress during his game time later. I also expect Marc Mariani to see a lot of game.

Delanie Walker seems to be suffering a few drops in camp but should be a short term issue, excited to see taylor thompson play, he's super quick a good blocker but just needs to make more catches.

Prediction: Titans by 10, the first team to completely dominate GB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Instant pressure on every snap. God love him behind a lovie o line - hasn't a hope.

Hope he has super health insurance

Watched the 1st Q after the Bears game ended and that's pretty much it. Lovie brought in the big WRs to try and copy what the Bears had with McCown and forgot about the o-line. Did he not learn anything from Chicago? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Oat23 wrote: »
    Watched the 1st Q after the Bears game ended and that's pretty much it. Lovie brought in the big WRs to try and copy what the Bears had with McCown and forgot about the o-line. Did he not learn anything from Chicago? :rolleyes:

Lovie never learns, that's the problem. The buc's will be 'getting of the bus running' I guess.mccown will get crushed all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Intrigued to see how Manziel does tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I never though id make an effort to catch a browns-lions pre season game but there's a first time for everthing I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Manziel is supposed to come in in the second quarter.

franglan wrote: »
    Manziel is supposed to come in in the second quarter.

If he throws an INT his first throw or drive my night will be made.

That hit from Greco. :eek:

I felt that from here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Step into the pocket Dan and stop running backwards from pressure...jeez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I see after the first quarter, that dropped passes are still alive & well in this Detroit offence:(. 2 already in that quarter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The lack of any effort on the Titans field design is making the game hard to watch for me.. Conditions look awful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Here's Johnny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Twitter is about to explode if he does something extreme - good or bad.

Twitter is about to explode if he does something extreme - good or bad.

The explosion will happen pre-season week 3 if Michael Sam ends up sacking him!

NFL N/ESPN would bloody love that.

I'm calling it a night, but Manziel has looked canny so far.

Is anybody else not seeing the condensed version of the eagles and bears game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Itssoeasy wrote: »

None of the condensed versions are showing for me today. Its a balls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans packers game was condensed around 10 am this morning

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    None of the condensed versions are showing for me today. Its a balls.

I can watch some but not all of them. It seems that it's hit and miss as some of the teams tv coverage is better than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Itssoeasy wrote: »

the only one that wouldn't work for me, very annoying.

the only one that wouldn't work for me, very annoying.

It's still not working for me. It's getting ridiculous now.

Week 2 programme. As always, add 5 hours to the below listed time to get GMT:

8b11335edfd459c709c2e4c90f15f0bd.png
    24667891e2a50275ffd178abbae71834.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Broncos@49ers

9pm Sunday. First look at the new Stadium.

Anyone else watching Henne and the Jags here? Very impressive.

Harsh holding call on Mundy though, when he made a great play to disrupt a potential TD for the Jags.

• Advertisement

Chad Henne quite impressive so far for the Jags @ Bears. A couple of nice drives ended in FG's. 6-0 to the Jags with 5 minutes left in the first.

Anyone else watching?

Right above ya, Paully! :D

Nice to see our special teams has improved.. :mad:

Oat23 wrote: »
    Nice to see our special teams has improved.. :mad:

Miserable enough play from the Bears, alright.

Watching my own Giants, especially when on the defensive side of Special Teams play, last season, was horrific, however.

Only semi saw that flag called. Seemed ridiculously harsh again?

How bloody harshly are they enforcing these rules this year? :mad:

• Advertisement

Only semi saw that flag called. Seemed ridiculously harsh again?

They're a joke. The WR just has to run into the DB at the top of his route. Flags fly if the DB even raises his hands.

The bears OL pass protection is incredible tonight. Could only dream of Eli getting that much time in NY. On two or three plays, Cutler literally had 4+ seconds in a clean pocket.

Very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got to go to the game tonight, and as pre season games go, it was very enjoyable.

Was very impressed by Henne and Bortles tonight! Going to be an interesting QB battle between the two of them.

Great finish to the game too, got pretty much all you could ask for out of a pre season game in that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The bears OL pass protection is incredible tonight. Could only dream of Eli getting that much time in NY. On two or three plays, Cutler literally had 4+ seconds in a clean pocket.

Very impressive.

Extremely impressive against that line. Delighted.

Our run blocking is shocking at present but that will come.

Never seen a Bears team that passes to create running opportunities, feels odd.

Feck it I've only remembered now there was a game on last night.

pick 6 eagles terrible tackling by the pats offence

edit:first tackle was brady to be fair so you wouldn't expect him to be drilling someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

was a good drive before that as well.

i'd give brady a break for the "tackle".

Masked Man wrote: »
    was a good drive before that as well.

it was and i was just about to post "supprise supprise brady looks sharp" :D

to be fair it was a timing issue happens in preseason

don't know who it was kendricks blocked but it was a pathetic effort on his part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

New TE Steve Maneri ballsed that up, in fairness though he was only signed 5 days ago. An obvious miscommunication with Brady there.

wait wtf happened there!?

bb is not happy with the flags at all even when there thrown for his team some of them are very silly to be fair

wait wtf happened there!?

An unsportsmanlike like penalty, don't from what, I didn't see anything.

that was nice.

curtis marsh is not good enough don't see him making the team

pretty sure I'm watching an ad for HGH.

pretty sure I'm watching an ad for HGH.

shhhhhh its dear antler spray for the players massive collections of dear antlers

that was nice.

Nice start from young KT and it would be nice to have him healthy for the whole year.

• Advertisement

this is fun.

Hope KT can be a reliable receiver for the rest of Brady's career, don't know if he can be spectacular but that would be an amazing story if he can have a good career.

Advertisement