Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Preseason Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

anybody else see Clowney hit on Falcons RB? followed by a sack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

oh that looks bad by Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

SimmerDean wrote: »
    anybody else see Clowney hit on Falcons RB? followed by a sack

ibMQ5lLeq52oz.gif

Might wanna block that guy Clowney, Mike Tice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

padraig_f wrote: »
    ibMQ5lLeq52oz.gif

Might wanna block that guy Clowney, Mike Tice.

The LG was pulling to block him but Clowney was just way too quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The LG was pulling to block him but Clowney was just way too quick

If you look at the LG he turned to his right first seems like dude forgot who he was supposed to block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Wow, just finished the vikings game against Arizona. Teddy looks like the new Tom Brady lol, sensational second-half, could he be the next big thing after all? Up against a fairly mug D at the late stage of the game of course.
    Watched a fair bit of the other games, Nicks looks like a steel for the Colts. Eli looks like he needs a lot more reps before the start of the season for the Giants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Be nice to see the new 49ers stadium tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is it on sky?

Nope gamepass.

• Advertisement

Why are the 9ers such heavy favs in this? Went out to -5.5 last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Quality is very low on gamepass for me. When I try most hq bandwidth I get nothing, auto is a blurry mess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Quality is very low on gamepass for me. When I try most hq bandwidth I get nothing, auto is a blurry mess...

On the gamepass console, go to the quality tab on the bottom and uncheck The Best available box. Mess around with the different Kbps speeds. I always find unchecking the best available box and increasing the Kbps speed. Improves my image quality all the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If Kaepernick gets injured we'll likely end up with the first overall selection next April.

On the gamepass console, go to the quality tab on the bottom and uncheck The Best available box. Mess around with the different Kbps speeds. I always find unchecking the best available box and increasing the Kbps speed. Improves my image quality all the time.

It's better now but for the first quarter it didn't matter what I did. Most quality settings wouldn't play, ones that did were horrible...

It's better now but for the first quarter it didn't matter what I did. Most quality settings wouldn't play, ones that did were horrible...

I logged into GP about half an hour after I poster earlier and it was unwatchable. The picture quality was perfect working at the max speed. But I was getting three seconds of play, followed by 10 - 15 seconds of freezing, followed by three seconds of play again. It lasted for 15 minutes and then resolved itself. My connection was fine, my speeds were fine, so I'm guessing it's a GP issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Game pass up to its usual tricks so

Works perfectly until the games start

MLB.TV never ever gives trouble so I can't see how the NFL with their billions can't get this right :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Yeah i have to say i have noticed this as well. The picture goes very grainy for 20/30 seconds or even longer on my Nexus 10

I haven't tried watching it on the laptop yet but i presume it's the same?

I've emailed them off there now asking them to look into it, i will post up any update they send back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Ravens top three corners have various injuries. Disaster! :eek: No team has depth to cope with that

Rumour mill going around that Asante Samual will be picked up. Used to play for DC Dean Pees in New England.

The Jets have a similar crises and offered Samual a one year deal at vet minimum which he rejected as he wants at least a two year deal and more money. He will most likely get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm going to find it hard to watch a full game not involving the Bears this season if they keep throwing the flags around like they are right now. It's an absolute joke.

• Advertisement

Dear Subscriber,

Thank you for contacting NFL support with your inquiry. We are sorry to hear of the quality issues you are encountering with the games. First please try clearing the cache and cookies from your web browser settings and see if you have the same issues. If that does not resolve the problem please ensure that you are up to date with all of your software. Please just verify by downloading the following:

Microsoft Internet Explorer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Adobe Flash Player:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

If these do not correct the problem, please try downloading and installing Google Chrome:
    http://www.google.com/chrome

If you experience the same issues in Google Chrome please first try to lower the bit rate or quality level to see if this improves playback for you. If you have the same issues on the lowest quality level please try the following.

Right-click on the video screen, and you should be given a list of Flash related options.
    Please select "Settings..." from the list of options presented.
    Along the bottom of the 'Settings' box, you'll see some tabs...
    Click the 3rd tab over to the right (looks like a file folder with green arrow on top) and move the slider bar to the right until higher than 100 KB (1 MB is the next option to the right)
    Next, click the tab on the far left (looks like a monitor) and then uncheck the box that says "enable hardware acceleration". (if the box is unchecked already, try 'checking' the box).

Next, clear your browser cache and cookies and check for video improvement.

Streaming video playback is extremely CPU intensive. If your CPU is running at or above about 75% you will likely encounter issues with sluggish or choppy playback. You can check your CPU usage by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting 'Task Manager'. CPU usage percentages are listed under the 'Performance' tab.

Lastly, if you continue to experience streaming quality issues, please power down or 'reset' your modem and router -- you may have some bad pathing/routes cached in your network appliance. A reset of your network appliances may resolve your issue, and in the very least will clear cache.

Thank you for providing this additional information. Please let us know if you continue to experience the same issues so we can help further troubleshoot your issue.

Best Regards,

NFL Game Pass Support

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm going to find it hard to watch a full game not involving the Bears this season if they keep throwing the flags around like they are right now. It's an absolute joke.

Unfortunately it looks like they're not gonna all of a sudden become more lenient when the regular season rolls around.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24666134/dean-blandino-nfl-not-going-to-change-how-were-calling-the-game
    Bad news: the NFL's head of officiating, Dean Blandino, told Peter King of theMMQB.com the league is "not going to change" things up once the real action starts.

We're not going to change how we're calling the games once the regular season starts,'' Blandino said.

Ugh. Blandino also said he "knew" the league would see a spike in calls when they changed the rules up and added "these points of emphasis."

"The way the game's being officiated now is the way it's going to be officiated when the season begins," Blandino said. "We have to remain consistent. I knew we'd see a spike in calls when we put out these points of emphasis. But coaches adjust, and players adjust. They have to, and they know it. And we'll correct our officials when we feel they're being over-zealous with certain calls."

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like they're not gonna all of a sudden become more lenient when the regular season rolls around.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24666134/dean-blandino-nfl-not-going-to-change-how-were-calling-the-game

Tbh this would turn me off the game :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Week 3 of preseason traditionally means the starters get most of, if not the full 3 quarters at least.

It kicks off tonight with the Steelers/Eagles and we have some interesting games throughout the weekend.

7235252ba91ea565a39f098358bc7066.png
    6f2ee630f732f2039ed870dd4b3443b1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Stop. The amount of, "Fuck this, I'm off to bed", moments will be ridiculous.

anyone staying up the the game tonight or am i on my own

Wat channel is it on? Thought it was setanta no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

anyone staying up the the game tonight or am i on my own

I'll probably catch the first half mate.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Wat channel is it on? Thought it was setanta no?

no idea watching it on gamepass

its bull**** that he can't make that hit.

also first flag yay

• Advertisement

don't know about that flag. not defenders fault bell dropped it is it?

i agree. I'm starting to find it hard to argue with cbs who don't want to hit.

go on shady :D

celek with his helmet knocked off for the 2nd week in a row needs to tighten that up id say

jason kelce is an animal big block about 20 yards down the field

eagles 2nd team offence destroying the steelers 1st team defence its feels weird to see such a bad steelers d.

troy polamalu is pissed

loved that Shady TD, really well executed!

loved that Shady TD, really well executed!

love the fact that we have linemen that athletic. there was 2 of them made big blocks down field and a 3rd there to make one if it was necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Totally, they seem to be on commision for throwing around the most flags or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

thought the Titans were playing tonight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Pre-season week 3 is pretty good, you can almost kid yourself it's real football.

The penalty thing is very tiresome though, 27 flags in that Eagles-Steelers game.

I looked up the all-time record today, it's 37, because I think it could be beaten this weekend.
    Most Penalties, Both Teams, Game, 37

Cleveland Browns (21) vs. Chicago Bears (16), Nov 25, 1951

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_%28team%29#Penalties

28 penalty flags thrown at the Eagles - Pats game last week. It felt like it added a half an hour onto the game. But it should calm down for the regular season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Nice to see us getting some good pressure on Cam. 2 sacks on the first drive.

Nink & Jones with the sacks. So important for them to stay healthy again this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bill really likes that tablet being introduced this year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Panthers O-line has given Cam no time so far tonight, Patriots have been good on the rush though too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Brady done already?????:eek:

me89 wrote: »

Queue everyone speculating that he's coming out of his prime and Mallett and Garopollo are gunning to replace him :P

me89 wrote: »

Belichick just testing the back ups. Last week he put Garoppolo in very early, Jimmy himself said he never expected that to happen and that's how Bill likes it.

Great to see big Vince on the field again doing his thing.

Nice TD scoring drive there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement