Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football watch parties

Options
  • 03-08-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,

I am a huge Ohio State fan, and college football in general.

I am looking at renting venues in Dublin to host watch parties for big games on Saturday nights. Especially for Buckeyes games, but any other big games as well!
    Somewhere with big screen and bar/BYOB.

Just wondering is anyone doing this already, or would there be any demand for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Hi everyone,

I am a huge Ohio State fan, and college football in general.

I am looking at renting venues in Dublin to host watch parties for big games on Saturday nights. Especially for Buckeyes games, but any other big games as well!
    Somewhere with big screen and bar/BYOB.

Just wondering is anyone doing this already, or would there be any demand for it?

Its a great idea and something I would love to go to, but sadly I just don't think they're enough demand over here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yep id definitely go to some, just cant do the sunday session in the woolshed with work the next day.

Also i think you'd struggle to find somewhere city centre ish that would be happy to switch on college ball when they are trying "to get the party started" so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The Woolshed show college football on Saturdays, usually just whatever games are live on ESPN though. They're usually only on in the front section though, where the tables are generally used for customers who are dining. You'd have no chance of making inroads into the space/TVs dedicated to the English & European soccer.

Advertisement