Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feral kitten

• 03-08-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all, have just taken in a kitten that was born wild. She is doing great so far, she's eating and drinking fine and getting familiar with the litter box. But she miaows a lot, to the point where she loses her voice! She's mad for human contact, would she just be miaowing for attention? I'm not too familiar with cats, are some of them just noisey? I would hate to think of her in pain
    Also, she had a small cut on her chin, it looks kind of crusty, should I try clean it?
    I will be bringing her to the vet for a check on Tues but just wondering if I should do anything in the meantime.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Some of them can be very talky while others are completely quiet; the likely reason she's mjauing though is because she wants to be around others as she's not used to be alone. Remember that she would normally be with her litter mates/mother and now she's not. You could try to put in a teddy bear or similar to see if it helps her.

As for the cut; if it does not look infected I'd leave it for now but keep an eye on it.

Advertisement