Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stop an app using data on both wifi & 3g

• 03-08-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

How do I restrict background data on both wifi and 3g? I only see a way of doing it on 3g only from the data usage menu..

I want to stop an app dead from having any means of network access.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

whats the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

daytob wrote: »
    whats the app?

I have games on my phone like angry birds that use some of my data and it bothers me. I just want them to have no network access at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

You could use something like NoRoot Firewall, it blocks communications full stop and then you decide which apps can access data (3G or wifi).

Albeit a slightly drastic solution to blocking a single app from access. If you're willing to root the phone there are probably many apps that will block access.

Advertisement