Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare - Naas Licencing Authority

Options
  • 03-08-2014 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I recently passed my Theory test and so have to go to my local Licencing Authority to get my learners permit, the closest one being Naas. However, someone told me that the Naas one is closed down but when I went in the National Driving Licence Service (NDLS) website it still has Naas listed. Anyone know if it's still open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is that the same as the motor tax office? If it is, there was one in Naas town itself that closed down. It's now located in the council offices at the osprey hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

anomynous wrote: »
    ..., someone told me that the Naas one is closed down but when I went in the National Driving Licence Service (NDLS) website it still has Naas listed. Anyone know if it's still open?

The NDLS website clearly lists the address of the county locations here, including County Kildare in Naas' Millennium Park.

http://www.ndls.ie/en/about-us/where-are-the-new-ndls-centres.html

Dont bother clinking on the Kildare link to a map, put Millennium Park into googlemaps and you'll get directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

The NDLS office in Naas is at Unit 5B Elm Park, Millenium industrial park in Naas. They are a private company with no association with the local authority (who no longer have responsibility for licences).
    I recently passed my Theory test and so have to go to my local Licencing Authority to get my learners permit, the closest one being Naas. However, someone told me that the Naas one is closed down but when I went in the National Driving Licence Service (NDLS) website it still has Naas listed. Anyone know if it's still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

Vologda69 wrote: »
    The NDLS office in Naas is at Unit 5B Elm Park, Millenium industrial park in Naas. They are a private company with no association with the local authority (who no longer have responsibility for licences).

So I have to go somewhere else to get my learners permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

As stated, you go to millenium park address listed above, and not to the local authority.
    So I have to go somewhere else to get my learners permit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Make an appointment before you go there,it makes a huge difference.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Make an appointment before you go there,it makes a huge difference.

I tried making an appointment online but it won't let me because I don't know my driver number

I tried making an appointment online but it won't let me because I don't know my driver number

nevermind, I found a different way to do it

Advertisement