Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFSplit

Options
  • 03-08-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'd been using this for a while to stream on twitch, nothing super serious or anything. But it seems to be broken atm and needs an update - thing is, their site is non existent now too. I've downlaoded the update from the alleged other site but it's still fubar.

Any other suggestions? it's not critical that i stream immediately but I'd like to have the option (free preferably)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seems to have rectified itself, looks like they had trouble with their webhosting company. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TBH, you should check out OBS anyway, a much nicer, more complete streaming program for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

TBH, you should check out OBS anyway, a much nicer, more complete streaming program for free!

Yep, would recommend it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Definitely OBS. I would stream more but on a 0.2 upload its kinda difficult...

what's it like to setup initially?

• Advertisement

what's it like to setup initially?

Its pretty simple. I find OBS a lot more user friendly than xsplit

yeah i didnt like xsplit at all, that's why i used ffsplit - less than a minute to set it up. the only drawback is that wont support fullscreen applications, it works with them sometimes but generally it doesnt

yeah i didnt like xsplit at all, that's why i used ffsplit - less than a minute to set it up. the only drawback is that wont support fullscreen applications, it works with them sometimes but generally it doesnt

Ya it was alright but it just constantly broke... OBS is just perfection in many ways

such as?

It just takes literally 30 seconds to set up and is so easy to use compared to xsplit

• Advertisement

It just takes literally 30 seconds to set up and is so easy to use compared to xsplit

i don't use xsplit, and you're really not selling this to me tbh

i don't use xsplit, and you're really not selling this to me tbh

Clearly i don't have a commission based job .. I mean If your happy with FFSplit the stick with it. The option's always there to change later

Clearly i don't have a commission based job .. I mean If your happy with FFSplit the stick with it. The option's always there to change later

If you're not happy with discussing the benefits of OBS over FFSplit then you really shouldn't have bothered posting a reply.

Clearly you're just wasting my time.

Advertisement