Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkillSelect - it is worth bothering?

Options
  • 03-08-2014 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Any of you had any luck with skillselect?.. I have my online app half filled out and they sent me a reminder today saying they will close soon if not filled in.. It is a really in-depth questionnaire so before I go to the hassle just wanted to know if people got offered jobs from it? Not sure if I still want to emigrate but having a bit of a mid life crisis at the min might just be what I need! lol..

Any help appreciated? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Hi Folks,

Any of you had any luck with skillselect?.. I have my online app half filled out and they sent me a reminder today saying they will close soon if not filled in.. It is a really in-depth questionnaire so before I go to the hassle just wanted to know if people got offered jobs from it? Not sure if I still want to emigrate but having a bit of a mid life crisis at the min might just be what I need! lol..

What is skill select mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

skilled workers and business people can be found and nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or they might be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application. (I passed the skill points system, the questions are very thorough & long winded so I lost interest half way through.. hence the email stating they will close my application.. I put it up ages ago tho?.. )

I worked for the aus govt whilst previously living there.. and thought that with other experience in aus might stand to me .. but not sure how effective the site is overall? hence.. is it worth bothering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi Folks,

If you don't do the Expression of interest then you can't apply for a visa so the question is really can you be bothered going through the hassle of applying for the visa. There are no jobs offered through skillselect. It is a way for the department of immigration to keep track of the skills that are in demand and only inviting the relevant people to apply for skilled visas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

meant getting visa then applying for jobs thereafter.. I have answered my own question.. i couldn't be bothered in applying for the visa so no chance in looking for jobs as a result of the visa (IF I was to get one - even with passing the points system)..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

meant getting visa then applying for jobs thereafter.. I have answered my own question.. i couldn't be bothered in applying for the visa so no chance in looking for jobs as a result of the visa (IF I was to get one - even with passing the points system)..

What an attitude to have..

• Advertisement
Advertisement