Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so dirty?

• 03-08-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Please,

If you feel offended by this post, please don't. Mine is just a question, from a foreigner perspective.

My question is whether some locals in Dublin are dirty or if it just an impression of mine? At least compared with the rest of western continental Europe.

My question stems from some behaviors I have never seen before: young boys swimming in dirty canals in Grand canal dock as if it was the most normal thing, girls getting drunk in temple bar and then walk BAREFOOT in the streets and fall from heels, people crawling in the street after a "brave" night. Also there are some gyms without showers or proper changing rooms (!) and swimming pools where you are not required to use protections for hairs. Honestly in some countries that would entail the closure of the activity! I could continue with examples but this is enough I think. Again, I am not talking about some isolated countryside, but about Dublin. The capital!

Again, is it an impression of mine? I am not talking about knackers, which is something I have actually didn't hear before, but what it seems to be average people. And average, sometimes even pricey, gyms and swimming pools.

Having seen such examples during day and night I don't think is alcohol to blame. Also, I didn't notice such beaviors in Germans, Austrians, who are also heavy drinkers.

Can you please shed some light on it? Thanks, and please if you feel offended I apologize in advance.

PS: I have asked for nationality of the people I mentioned of course. So I know they were locals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Geez mate, stay outta Africa, your head'll explode.

Walking barefoot? Swimming? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Closing this, not because I am offended but I don't see the relevance to this forum
    Maybe After Hours would suit better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement