Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your pets reaction on your return from hols

• 03-08-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭

hi all

just back yesterday from hols 10 days away as usual my neighbour and good friend look after my dogs and tom the cat goes to a local cattery but its his reaction on my return that makes coming back easier

hes such a little lick arse on my return he just follows me around for about 2 hours and will not except being on the ground

I think its the little feckers way of making me feel guilty about been away

but his reaction just confirms my suspicion that cats are way more affectionate than dogs don't get me wrong now the dogs are glad to see me but don't show it in the same way what are yours like

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

A few years ago,I had to collect my 13 year old cat from the vets after a 5 night stay there. They carried her out,lying in her bed.As soon as she seen me,she stood up & started spinning around in circles,when the nurse handed me her bed,she(the cat!) stood up on her back legs & started rubbing off my face & headbutting my chin. Best reaction I ever got from her.She died a few months later.
    My dogs react the same when I come home after being away for 5 minutes or after being gone for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

My cat has a bald tail at the moment, where it was shaved because I caught it in the toilet seat (and sat on it :o)

Visitors keep asking... 'how did you DO THAT??'

Very easily! I went on a 3 month holiday, and when I came back he was stuck to my ankle for like a week... I guess I'd also gotten out of the habit of having a cat underfoot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Every time I come home from being out for more than a couple of hours my cat comes running down the stairs to greet me. imagine this without the meowing

玄関開けるまで259,202秒でにゃんこ♪ Cat welcome - short.5 afte…: http://youtu.be/QjeNh2lLXDU

And when I'm back after a few days he follows me everywhere and spends at leeast 2 or 3 hours glued to my lap. I wouldn't say cats are more affectionate than dogs but they're certainly more affectionate than people make out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Each of our 4 cats were homeless before they moved in with us, so they're pretty neurotic about knowing where we are. As soon as they come in the cat flap they run up the stairs to check if we're in bed, if there's nobody downstairs. Poppy will come running down the stairs as soon as I come back from even a short walk. Toby races me to bed and Felix kneads Mr P like bread every morning. Jazzy races me back to bed in the mornings and rolls around on me purring away, it's the one time he trusts that I'm not going to put him in a carrier or put his flea drops on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Dogs go absolutely ape: crying, jumping, licking, loving, barking and in Roisins case she does a dinosaur roar if you dont pick her up for the hugs. And that's just when I get back from work every day :P

Cat's are a bit more nonchalant about it. Max usually hides behind the couch (former stray) and Cinnamon can go either way. Usually she's fairly chatty after not seeing me for a few days and full of head bops, but last time I went away for 5 days I came back and she looked at me all 'oh, you're back huh? Feed me, minion!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

When I came home from being away last summer, there was great excitement when I arrived...although they all act exactly the same if I've only been out to the shops!
    As soon as I starting taking my souvenirs out of my bag though, they lost all interest in me and became very interested in these new items...they thought I had brought them back toys!

Advertisement