Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Lettings (less than 6 months)

Options
  • 03-08-2014 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Sadly my circumstances have changed and I need somewhere that will let rooms cheap for only a few months. I'm renting somewhere now but need to be out at the end of August (No negotiating on that contract as the room is rented for September) but I need somewhere from now/1st of September until the start or mid November. Daft is not yielding much for me so if anybody has any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

Try " holiday lets " under daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Try looking for owner-occupied places as legally you're not subject to a lease and are free to come/go pretty much whenever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

fash wrote: »
    Try " holiday lets " under daft.

Holiday lets are crazy prices per night. I can't afford them sadly :/ Some are 30-40 euros a night easily. I also need to be within reach of town by public transport so I really need to be city or not too far from it.

Pow wow, I am having a look but many owner occupied still want people for 6 months minimum :/. Or they say they have people who are looking to rent for longer so I'm getting the standard 'I'm sorry but you and your lease are too short'. It's a very awkward time to be looking for such a short lease. I'm keeping at it though.

I've also looked at hostels but they are talking 30 euros a night which is too expensive when I need to save as much as I can at the moment! Panic stations are kicking in!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Are there any sharing houses that would be willing to take you for the couple of months once you guaranteed to replace yourself and there'd be no lapse in the rent payments? I'm in a house like that where when I intend to leave I just have to find a replacement to take over the rent because we have a rolling lease.
    There's nothing saying that you can't withhold the truth, take a longer lease and find someone to take over (personally I'd find it very hard as its a bit dishonest, you might make yourself some enemies but hey if you're desperate it might be an option- I've had friends who did that and since they found replacements that the housemates and landlord were happy with no noses got bent out of shape). Or even cheekier give a months notice and leave if its not stipulated in the contract that you forfeit your deposit upon leaving before the end of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi all, rather than start a new thread, might be best to post on this one. I may be doing a college placement in Cork for a month in October, so just on the look out for a place for a month?

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement