Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using motorhome as main vehicle- questions

Options
  • 03-08-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Apologies if this has been answered here before, I've googled around and cannot find anything clear on the subject. I'm just wondering how it works tax and insurance wise if I was to use a campervan as the main private family vehicle. Does the low tax rate still apply? Or does it then go by the private vehicle rate based on engine size? And how does the insurance work out roughly?

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I think the insurance doubles strictly speaking the road tax should be based on engine size but I don't think they in force it

Strictly speaking motor tax should be based on emissions and frequency of use, as well as a clear distinction between diesel and petrol.
    €100 odd for annual tax.
    €750 per annum with dolmen inc. open drive or €700 named driver.
    Zero NCB on a camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

I have two main vehicles: Bus Eireann and Irish rail with my free travel pass.

Advertisement