Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD and LC Maths

Options
  • 03-08-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭

Bacailly I could transfer into UCD (2nd Commerce) in September 15 however they require a B in Maths at LC level which I did not get. It says
    Applicants who have not attained a B3 in ordinary level Mathematics or better will not normally be considered.

Now anybody know what "normally" means and is there a way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You mean starting one course and then going into 2nd year? My reading of that would be if you did an extremely good first year in the first course (i.e. Close to a first) then even if you didn't meet the math requirements, you would be considered to transfer over.

With respect, you'd want to have a chat with the course school to check the math level required as without a B3 in ordinary level you might run into problems later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

You're best bet is to contact the program office in Quinn. They'll be able to give you a much more accurate answer than what you'll find on here most likely.

http://www.ucd.ie/quinn/aboutquinn/programmeoffice/

Advertisement