Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant recommendation for Camden/Wexford/George's st

Options
  • 03-08-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I need to find a restaurant for dinner next Saturday night. Ideally I'd like to give 3-4 options to my guests .. so far I've got opium and neon. Can anyone recommend any other new/good restaurants around the Camden/Wexford/George's st?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're much more likely to get replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

You're much more likely to get replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Food & Drink.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Camden kitchen is excellent, but do you have an idea of budget or cuisine?

http://camdenkitchen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

there are plenty of new places on Georges St recently.
    San Lorenzos is good, or Pitt Bros if you want to get the meat sweats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Whitefriar Grill is really lovely also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

+1 on the Whitefriar. If you're going Asian, don't forget Jaipur. Darwin's is great for steak as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

Green 19 on Camden Street does fantastic food and cocktails. Opium has great food but they usually have a dj so it can be very loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Tapas de Lola is my favourite spot on Wexford St - definitely the best tapas restaurant in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Neon and White Friar Grill are great spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Oswin wrote: »
    Green 19 on Camden Street does fantastic food and cocktails. Opium has great food but they usually have a dj so it can be very loud.

+1 on Green19, fantastic food and excellent value, I think they have main courses from €10 up which is unusual as Dublin restaurants go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Tapas de Lola is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've had a lot of friends rave about Viva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks for all the replies.. There was a nice but of variety in terms of food and budget so something should suit everyone. Had never heard of the tapas place or viva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Love Whitefriar for both brunch and dinner. Their rump and ribs is amazing for dinner and for brunch cannot go wrong with the lobster hash or the crabcake benedict.

Neon is nice and cheap for casual dining with good fresh asian food. Havent been in prob a year though so hope its still this good.

Fade St is just off Georges St. Not for everyone but I like it. Small plate dishes tapas style and good quality food. Bit pricier for what you are getting but works.

Advertisement