Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Arianna, if it was me now(I'm 28 weeks), I'd be well able for it. It's my third pregnancy too and I know it's not easy to get away, if you have the opportunity go for it. Look at it as medicinal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

nirvana78 wrote: »
    Arianna, if it was me now(I'm 28 weeks), I'd be well able for it. It's my third pregnancy too and I know it's not easy to get away, if you have the opportunity go for it. Look at it as medicinal!!

Thanks nirvana that's what i'm thinking. We won't get much of a holiday this Summer with the new baby coming in June so i want to do the Edinburgh trip with hubby & kids. And the 2nd trip with my Mum & sisters, well it'll probably be forever before my hubby with be happy to be left on his own with 3 kids for 4 nights (i'll be b'feeding again etc.) so it kind of feels like last chance saloon for that trip as well. I can take it as easy as i need too, while the others are tearing around London seeing the sites & shopping i can sit in coffee shops with a good book if needs be, that would be heaven in fact :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I fear I have an early riser on my hands, kicks were so strong this morning they were shaking my whole body :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I fear I have an early riser on my hands, kicks were so strong this morning they were shaking my whole body :eek:

Oh no!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Ms2011 wrote: »

I've been getting those too, it's crazy! Sometimes I can see my swipe card for work that hangs around my neck moving. My husband gave me a hug the other day and got booted, it was very funny.

• Advertisement

An update on the gestational diabetes, I have the blood sugars under control😃. I made a few changes such as All Bran for breakfast, granary bread, plenty of fruit and veg and exercise. Was with the diabetic doctor yesterday and he's very impressed, don't have to go back for 5 weeks. I still have to test blood sugars 7 times a day for now, but maybe next week when I ring them with my daily results they might reduce it to 4 times a day. They are really strict on it, one girl had to go on insulin, and two other girls got a grilling for not having it under better control.

Separate to that, I was at hospital again today for baby visit, got a scan for reassurance and was hoping to find out sex of baby. Baby had other ideas and kept it's legs crossed, couldn't see anything. Whilst waiting to see registrar, baby was kicking like mad and likewise on the way home.

The bigger picture though is all is well and being closely monitored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

God bless Aldi and they're Super 6, I bought 8 trays of apples last week😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Swollen handies :(:( It's so uncomfortable, makes sleeping and work tough :( I'm pretty gutted, I love my rings, have a huge collection of them that I wear all the time, and am slowly getting too big-fingered for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Swollen handies :(:( It's so uncomfortable, makes sleeping and work tough :( I'm pretty gutted, I love my rings, have a huge collection of them that I wear all the time, and am slowly getting too big-fingered for them :(

Swollen feet in my case, they were up like two balloons last night :(
    And whats with the dizzy spells?
    Oh the joys of trimester 3 :)

• Advertisement

Swollen feet in my case, they were up like two balloons last night :(
    And whats with the dizzy spells?
    Oh the joys of trimester 3 :)

Its not fun!! Work is really difficult with swollen hands.

The dizzy spells in Tesco are great...!!

I am SO not doing this again any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

An update on the gestational diabetes, I have the blood sugars under control😃. I made a few changes such as All Bran for breakfast, granary bread, plenty of fruit and veg and exercise. Was with the diabetic doctor yesterday and he's very impressed, don't have to go back for 5 weeks. I still have to test blood sugars 7 times a day for now, but maybe next week when I ring them with my daily results they might reduce it to 4 times a day. They are really strict on it, one girl had to go on insulin, and two other girls got a grilling for not having it under better control.

Separate to that, I was at hospital again today for baby visit, got a scan for reassurance and was hoping to find out sex of baby. Baby had other ideas and kept it's legs crossed, couldn't see anything. Whilst waiting to see registrar, baby was kicking like mad and likewise on the way home.

The bigger picture though is all is well and being closely monitored!

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes the other day too...
    My bloods are generally 7.1 to 7.3 an hour after I eat. They say to aim for under 7, but is 7.1 that bad..ie.. are you always under the 7

I swelled up like a ballon last time, hands, feet, face, everything!!!
    So far this time I seem to have avoided it, I just look like I've a basketball up my top ha!!
    My back & hips are alot more sore this time though, crazy how different your body can react to different pregnancies!

I'd definitely be hoping to avoid the viruses and swelling if there's a next time! I still don't look particularly pregnant, apparently I have super amazing stomach muscles that I never knew I had :P At least "next time" I'd hopefully look pregnant earlier/by this stage. It's handy in some ways (work, generally being a private person and not wanting people knowing), but a pain in the ass in other ways (trying to look normal or pregnant and ending up looking pudgy, and getting no help or sympathy when I need it!).

I am so obviously pregnant that people think either a) I am due next week or b) there are least two in there!!!

bp wrote: »
    I am so obviously pregnant that people think either a) I am due next week or b) there are least two in there!!!

Lets do swapsies for a day :D

Gonzp wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes the other day too...
    My bloods are generally 7.1 to 7.3 an hour after I eat. They say to aim for under 7, but is 7.1 that bad..ie.. are you always under the 7

For the first few days my readings were on the upper limits, they were 5 something before dinner and 6 or 7 something after dinner. On the third day it related itself with my changes in diet. This week for some reason they went high again but are starting to come down. I can't figure it out😕. It's simply trial and error.

Think it's cos our stomach muscles have already been stretched out by a previous pregnancy, everything just hangs out :D

For the first few days my readings were on the upper limits, they were 5 something before dinner and 6 or 7 something after dinner. On the third day it related itself with my changes in diet. This week for some reason they went high again but are starting to come down. I can't figure it out😕. It's simply trial and error.

Ya, I am finding it so confusing, really stressing about it.. All I want is someone to say eat this, don't eat this. I find it all confusing...Thanks for your help

Gonzp so far I've found that 50g of porridge does not agree with my sugars, nor does 60g of All-Bran, which by the way was suggested to me by my dietician. This morning I had 30g All-Bran and a slice of granary bread with a boiled egg, that worked out perfect for me. For lunch I had a chicken sandwich on granary bread and an orange, again that was fine. Dinner will be fish, baby potatoes and veg, a yoghurt and a glass of milk.

My advice is to make a small note on the side of your log book, what you had at each meal so you can make your own observations. TMI but it needs to be said, be weary of the onset of constipation. Full up on fibre as best you can and drink plenty of water😊

• Advertisement

Gonzp so far I've found that 50g of porridge does not agree with my sugars, nor does 60g of All-Bran, which by the way was suggested to me by my dietician. This morning I had 30g All-Bran and a slice of granary bread with a boiled egg, that worked out perfect for me. For lunch I had a chicken sandwich on granary bread and an orange, again that was fine. Dinner will be fish, baby potatoes and veg, a yoghurt and a glass of milk.

My advice is to make a small note on the side of your log book, what you had at each meal so you can make your own observations. TMI but it needs to be said, be weary of the onset of constipation. Full up on fibre as best you can and drink plenty of water😊

I had a slice of wholemeal bread this morning and an egg and my reading was 7.5 :mad:. It was'nt as bad when I had banana and peanut butter on a wholewheat muffin. Confused to say the least. I have the All Bran for tomorrows breakfast, so we ll see. Back down in the hospital tomorrow. Thanks again

Gonzp wrote: »
    I had a slice of wholemeal bread this morning and an egg and my reading was 7.5 :mad:. It was'nt as bad when I had banana and peanut butter on a wholewheat muffin. Confused to say the least. I have the All Bran for tomorrows breakfast, so we ll see. Back down in the hospital tomorrow. Thanks again

Good luck in the hospital tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you👍

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Well done nirvana78 on getting the GD under control and hopefully you'll get there soon too Gonzp. It must be such a pain having to second guess everything you eat.

I'm also waddling a fair bit these days and have awful baby brain, please say it'll go away after I have babs! Was prescribed Zantac today at checkup so fingers crossed the constant heartburn eases up now. Starting antenatal classes this Thurs, has anyone done theirs yet?

Almost time for the single digit countdown for me :-)

Scary thoughts, I often think what if I go early, am I prepared? So I've begun to pick up little bits for each bag. Strangely enough on my first I left the bags until the last minute😯

55 days for me :eek:

Scary thoughts, I often think what if I go early, am I prepared? So I've begun to pick up little bits for each bag. Strangely enough on my first I left the bags until the last minute😯

Just a few bits left to pack & I'll get those this week.
    Just need to sit back then & wait for baby to make an appearance, this is around the time that time seems to slow down & take forever to get to you due date:)

I was packed ages in advance the first time, this time I am a lot more relaxed!!!!

I've about 75 days to go, scary! Starting bag prep stuff soon, I like to be organised, will relax a bit if I know I have stuff done. We live very close to the hospital though so it'll be no bother to send himself home to get stuff.

• Advertisement

Good luck in the hospital tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you��

Cheers nirvana, tried your bran flakes and slice of toast etc and my reading was 11.7, worst one I have had. the worst before that was 7.5..

Anyway, I'm slightly over so I have to see how it goes this week and I may be put on insulin. I have PCOS too, so I'm prone to it... Was in tears dowm there today, it's all so confusing. They were really nice in fairness to them.....

P.S. I've 50 days left....

We should make a post and keep editing it and adding our due dates and hospital.. I was in the Due Nov 2013 thread and we did that, was interesting

Advertisement