Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Same here re the bleeding, glad to hear not the only one. Had emergency section first time and bleed bad for weeks after and recovery was so much worse.

Had 2 week check up today and he is 2% less than birth weight but they aren't too worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

So glad everyone is doing well :-) thankfully I have a good feeder (well I am constantly feeding but still) and got weighed against today and have gone beyond birth weight! She was shocked! good boobs!

Now to just address the sibling jealousy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Gonzp wrote: »
    Hi all, great to hear ye are all doing well.. Spotty glad your bp is on its way down, it'll drop loads in the next few weeks. Nirvana, congrats and delighted the diabetes is gone.

We re having issues with feeding here. She will only take 2 ozs of milk and often projectile vomits this up. Feeding can take an hour or more, so nervous of her now as regsrds feeding and winding. She is so sleepy all the time. Public health nurse isn't happy with her progress... anyone experencing this?

Sorry to butt in. My LG is 3 months. Projectile vomiting and taking ages to feed sounds like reflux. Other symptoms include loads of hiccups, arching in pain, fussing on the bottle. Talk to the gp. Phn told me that my little one could be just a spewy baby so I delayed seeing the gp and went through such a stressful week. Started using gaviscon and it sorted her out.

"Tonight mammy I propose only sleeping if it on your chest and you are uprigrht....you don't actually need sleep do you???"

Direct quore from baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

bp wrote: »
    "Tonight mammy I propose only sleeping if it on your chest and you are uprigrht....you don't actually need sleep do you???"

Direct quore from baby!

That baby knows what they want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Direct quore from baby!

Mine would love that too but I'm too nervous of him falling or something. Contemplated moving into spare bedroom to have enough space in the bed to do it more safely.

Trying to feed him more didn't go too well tonight, he threw up all over himself and me at 4am :( Such a waste of so much breast milk!! So I'm going to feed him until I think he's done and then try more often rather than larger quantities.

He just sneezed all over me mid feed, the gross things you let your children do to you and think it's cute :)

That is kinda cute Spotty :-)

I have to cut something from my diet to help babbas tummy but cannot figure out what! Already off oranges, trying pineapple next,!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Direct quore from baby!

Babs slept like this for for the 3 days I was in hospital, the plastic cot only held pillows & blankets. Thankfully she's sleeping in the moses basket at home!!!

Lads these compression stockings are killing me. They're so hot, too hot in this weather, and I have to wear leggings or jeans and runners or boots to cover them, no flats or skirts :( And I only have one pair, so they need to be washed all the fecking time, and put back on asap. 4 more weeks of this *sobs*

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Baby4 wrote: »
    My waters broke last night, so I've been in hospital since 3am. But no contractions yet. They're giving me until 9pm tonight to start them naturally but I'll be induced then if they haven't. We're so excited, but it's going to be a long day I think.....

Ah that's brilliant :) are you getting any aches? Did the hospital tell you to go in when your waters broke? Hopefully you go quick :) amazing to think when you leave the hospital it will be with your baby :)

Oh brilliant - good luck today :-)

So exciting Baby4, best of luck x

Registered babs today so she's now an offical person :D
    Booked her Christening too.
    And we got her 2 week check up done, she's now 7lbs 13oz.
    Productive morning :)

I forgot to register himself this week, the place is only open 2 mornings and I had consultant appt one of them, it went totally out of my head the other morning. Although I had called them and they said 2 weeks would be early for them to have received the appropriate forms from the maternity ward, so I dunno. Must do it now this coming week!

Baby is not in good form today, just wants to be on/near me. I've him in a stretchy wrap now and am getting plenty little contented sighs, much better than his sad little pained cries earlier.

My bp was up a bit yesterday, was gutted I have to say. But yesterday was pretty stressful, and the consultant said the odd spike will be ok. Back to "normal" this morning with my morning tablet.

Hope you're doing ok Baby4!

What's your readings like on the tablets spotty? Thinking of you baby4!

What's your readings like on the tablets spotty? Thinking of you baby4!

Today it was 116/78, he said it needs to be consistently under 80, the good readings since I came off the labetalol (300mg x 3 times a day) and am just on Adelat (20mg once a day) have been 70-80, the "bad" readings have been between 84 and 100. Nothing I can really do about it only observe it for him. But so far it doesn't seem to have shot back up after coming off the labetalol, I tentatively have my fingers crossed...

Today it was 116/78, he said it needs to be consistently under 80, the good readings since I came off the labetalol (300mg x 3 times a day) and am just on Adelat (20mg once a day) have been 70-80, the "bad" readings have been between 84 and 100. Nothing I can really do about it only observe it for him. But so far it doesn't seem to have shot back up after coming off the labetalol, I tentatively have my fingers crossed...
    Fingers crossed for you, I'm getting mine checked tues in my doctors so I'm hoping labetalol has it down :/ did you stay on it until after your little boy was born?

Fingers crossed for you, I'm getting mine checked tues in my doctors so I'm hoping labetalol has it down :/ did you stay on it until after your little boy was born?

Yeah, I was on it a week before he was born, then I was on it 2 weeks after. For the last week I was on Adalat once then twice a day too. The consultant wanted me off labetalol for a few reasons, it's used because it's safe to use with pregnant women but afterwards there are other drugs they can use safely, and apparently it's linked to PND. It's common to be on labetalol for up to 8-10 weeks after birth from what I've heard from PHN and other sources. In the hospital I was in they were acting like I was the first person in history whose bp didn't stabilise immediately after the baby was born :mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was on it a week before he was born, then I was on it 2 weeks after. For the last week I was on Adalat once then twice a day too. The consultant wanted me off labetalol for a few reasons, it's used because it's safe to use with pregnant women but afterwards there are other drugs they can use safely, and apparently it's linked to PND. It's common to be on labetalol for up to 8-10 weeks after birth from what I've heard from PHN and other sources. In the hospital I was in they were acting like I was the first person in history whose bp didn't stabilise immediately after the baby was born :mad:

Scary it's linked to pnd :/ I have a family member who suffered badly with it so I'll be on the watch for my hormones and baby blues :(

Scary it's linked to pnd :/ I have a family member who suffered badly with it so I'll be on the watch for my hormones and baby blues :(

Yeah the consultant just said it really casually at the follow up appt and I looked at my husband like this :eek: and he said "yeah I didn't tell you that bit"! It mustn't be too big a link seeing as fecking everybody with bp problems is put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Sorry to butt in. My LG is 3 months. Projectile vomiting and taking ages to feed sounds like reflux. Other symptoms include loads of hiccups, arching in pain, fussing on the bottle. Talk to the gp. Phn told me that my little one could be just a spewy baby so I delayed seeing the gp and went through such a stressful week. Started using gaviscon and it sorted her out.

I've went to the gp and they reckoned that she hasnt got reflux because she s not cross or vomiting all the time... I'm going to get the gaviscon tomorrow and see if this helps. We changed bottles to the nuk ones and are also using an easy digest formula, wind her after every ounce, and it helps sometimes, more often than not, it doesnt. We end up re feeding her alot.... she doesnt really fuss on the bottle much, I personally think it's an issue with wind, but I'm just not sure whats going on really....😭

I've went to the gp and they reckoned that she hasnt got reflux because she s not cross or vomiting all the time... I'm going to get the gaviscon tomorrow and see if this helps. We changed bottles to the nuk ones and are also using an easy digest formula, wind her after every ounce, and it helps sometimes, more often than not, it doesnt. We end up re feeding her alot.... she doesnt really fuss on the bottle much, I personally think it's an issue with wind, but I'm just not sure whats going on really....😭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Gonzp wrote: »

My daughter has silent reflux where she only puked one bottle a day. Most silent reflux they don't puke at all. Does her breath smell? That's a big indicator of reflux. I used to wind after every ounce thinking it was helping but it was making things worse! Try just winding once half way through the bottle as this made a big difference for us. Do it on a tiled floor though ;) we used infacol and felt it really helped. She's 13 weeks now, off infacol and I don't need to wind her at all anymore! It goes so fast!

Cheers for that. I bought a Dr. Brown bottle today and said is feed her exclusively with that... She seems a lot more settled with it... Still taking in minuscule amounts though... 2 and a half oz s is about it... So hopefully this'd will help. I was afraid to buy all new bottles because we bought the advent ones first, health nurse recommended the Nuk bottles, so we bought a whole set of those.. Want to be sure these help before I buy more of them. I will check her breath when she wakes.... Thanks again

How are all the mamas and babas doing? Can't believe my little man is almost 3 weeks old! Time is flying by! Gonzp we tried mam, nuk and finally settled in avent, they were by far the best for the wind. They all so different, my first would drink it out of anything this man is a little more fussy!

We're doing good here, 3 weeks old yesterday and today is his due date! He's feeding a lot, every 1-1.5hrs last night, tired mommy today! Hoping he'll be back to his birth weight when phn weighs him or they'll make me give him formula :(

As for me my bp is going in the right direction, hitting normal sometimes, high other times but on average its just above normal now, a few digits away. BUT, due to a prescription problem I currently havent had any meds since Sunday morning while I'm waiting for a new prescription, and my bp was well within normal today :) Hope it's sorted soon!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Advertisement

So glad it is improving spotty! My poor babba has a rock hard tummy so changing my diet/ blanding it up which will hopefully help.

Poor toodler isn't too happy with me breastfeeding - poor kid is confused

Spotty that I great about your bp, I'm back in Tomor for a check on mine. Although mine isnt doing as well as yours. I'm still getting the odd reading over 90. You will be off them in no time. Took me 10 weeks on my first looks like will be similar this time too

traineeacc wrote: »
    Spotty that I great about your bp, I'm back in Tomor for a check on mine. Although mine isnt doing as well as yours. I'm still getting the odd reading over 90. You will be off them in no time. Took me 10 weeks on my first looks like will be similar this time too

Oh I'm still getting readings of 90-100 the odd time, but he said the odd spike is fine, comes with being busy. But usually it's 83-89, with occasional lovely 70-75's thrown in :) I'm still on one med for 6 weeks (well that's the prescription I have ) but am really hoping the 24hr bp monitor goes well and I won't need the last 3 weeks. Hope yours sorts itself out soon too.

Ah Baby4 hope you get home soon, I only spent 3 day in hospital & I was going spare!!

Babs has her first cold, she's really stuffed up:(
    Luckily she's still in good form & slept well last night, just horrible hearing her so congested :(

Oh Baby4 you have my utmost sympathy, I spent a week in there before I had him and a week after, it's rotten :( Hopefully you get out soon, it makes such a difference to get home! And they keep telling you to "sleep, rest", good luck with everything going on all night long and no home comforts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So my wife and I were in Rotunda yesterday for induction, set up in bed and on monitor etc, only for the consultant to tell us that he didn't agree with her dates (41 weeks* according to her last 5 visits to Semi Private clinic), he reckoned she was only 40 weeks and wasn't happy to induce. So after explaining all the pros and (mostly) cons, and scanning to make sure everything was fine with baby, she was sent home to come back next week!

I was frustrated, we planned the week on the basis that she was in for a few days, organised the other 3 kids for school etc, I took off work. But the mental torture for her having gotten in the "I'm having my baby today" mode is the worst... :mad:

Anyway, the right medical decision was to wait, so that's what matters. I will just keep doing my job, and making sure she doesn't go round the bend! :D

* She has irregular cycles, and was measuring big every scan, so they moved her up a week, but Doc yesterday was only going on 12 week scan as it's most accurate...

Dickerty wrote: »
    So my wife and I were in Rotunda yesterday for induction, set up in bed and on monitor etc, only for the consultant to tell us that he didn't agree with her dates (41 weeks* according to her last 5 visits to Semi Private clinic), he reckoned she was only 40 weeks and wasn't happy to induce. So after explaining all the pros and (mostly) cons, and scanning to make sure everything was fine with baby, she was sent home to come back next week!

I was frustrated, we planned the week on the basis that she was in for a few days, organised the other 3 kids for school etc, I took off work. But the mental torture for her having gotten in the "I'm having my baby today" mode is the worst... :mad:

Anyway, the right medical decision was to wait, so that's what matters. I will just keep doing my job, and making sure she doesn't go round the bend! :D

* She has irregular cycles, and was measuring big every scan, so they moved her up a week, but Doc yesterday was only going on 12 week scan as it's most accurate...

Oh my god, I know it's in the best interest of baby and mammy but if that was me after mentally getting myself in the zone that I was going in and telling other children I would be gutted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Oh my god, I know it's in the best interest of baby and mammy but if that was me after mentally getting myself in the zone that I was going in and telling other children I would be gutted :(

Well they were delighted to see her, thought she'd be gone for a few nights.
    So we just explained that the doctor said that Baby wasn't ready! :rolleyes:

Dickerty wrote: »
    Well they were delighted to see her, thought she'd be gone for a few nights.
    So we just explained that the doctor said that Baby wasn't ready! :rolleyes:

Hopefully she'll go into labour herself now before next week :)

That's crap Dickerty :(

My fecking bp is acting up again. I'm back on one med after 2 days off it, and my bp is higher now in the afternoon/evenings than it was on the days I didn't have it, back up to the 90's for the first reading, then it goes back to the 80's for any further readings just after. I have 24 hour bp monitor in 2 weeks, dreading it looking at these results as it nearly always seems to be up other than when I take the meds in the morning. Feel like I'm going backwards :( It doesn't help that I'm getting very little sleep with himself up at night, but I mean of all times to be told to rest and sleep, when I've a newborn!

• Advertisement

Aw spotty I'm in the same boat. Had check up yesterday and bp is up higher than when I was pregnant. On increased dose of labetalol now :-( I remember the same happened with my first, spiked bad after about 3 weeks. Then started to come down. Doctor wasn't happy at all with readings. Trying to relax much as possible, not easy with toddler and new baby! Doctor was saying 6 weeks is magic number before he will get concerned about it. He could tell i was disappointed and re assured me it will sort itself out but to give myself the 6 weeks.

What dose of labetalol are you on now? Are you only on that? Sorry for being nosy :) Your doctor knows so much more than my consultant, I've been told nothing reassuring like the 6 week thing or anything, just that it should be down by now :(

I was talking to someone recently who had a baby 2 years ago and had high bp, hers has never gone down, she has to get 24 hour monitor every month and has been told she can't conceive again until they sort it, but she's 40 now. That's such an extreme case, it made me feel much better about mine...I know that makes me sound mean :/

I had it worse on my first and nobody once suggested not conceiving again granted I was only 29 at the time! Was on 200mg twice a day from 16 to 36 weeks then increased to 200mg 3 times a day, I'm on 300 three times for a week to see how it goes. I checked mine this afternoon and I'm back down to low 80s so heading in right direction! Only on a labetalol, same with my first too

Never had the 24 hour monitor, my doctor firmly believes that you can't rely on the patter prior to 6 weeks post baby as a lot on elevated bp can be attributes to hormonal changes. Fingers crossed like on my first it comes down in time

I'll be 5 weeks after having him when I have the monitor. Labetalol 300 x 3times a day did nothing for me. The longer breastfeeding goes on and the more weight he puts on (350g in 9 days) the more gutted I'll be if I have to give up and go on stronger medication. I was so hopeful there for a few days when it was getting under 80 easily.

She wanted to have a baby again soon after due to her age but now 2 years on they still don't have enough control of her bp for it to be possible, which must be so tough.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

We have totally hijacked this thread with our bp chat!! Any more April babas?? Thread is quiet with new arrivals

How is everyone doing?

Babs is doing good, eating like a horse & growing like a weed :p
    She doesn't do much sleeping during the day though which is tiring & wants to live in your arms but she does sleep well at night with just one wake up for a feed.
    Can't believe she's a month old on Sunday :eek:

3 year old is still adjusting to his baby sister, hoping that will settle down soon.
    I'm still having to attend physio for the tear I got giving birth but feeling more like myself everyday, lost 1.2litres of blood having babs too so that took awhile to bounce back from also.

That's all my news, how's everyone else?

We're doing alright, baby is putting on weight and spending more time awake and being cute, a month old today! :) Wakes about 3 times at night and can be tough to get to sleep after a feed but thats what Daddy is for :P He has bad windy nappies so likes being held when it's happening, my stretchy wrap is a lifesaver or I'd get nothing done.

Breastfeeding is going great, apparently it's impressive that it worked out given the section/preemie/special care with some formula feeds early on :)

Bp still up but coming down, but now they found I have high cholesterol! Ironic considering it turns out I put on about 6lbs of weight during pregnancy that wasn't baby or fluid. 24 hour bp monitor next week eep. Husband is working a lot which is a pain, not seeing much of us other than bedtime.

Having it very tough with wind here - hours of crying so baby is sleepy and too tired to eat. It wasn't bad at our check up last week but is progressively getting worse. Considering going back to doc today

I am in tears with tiredness but love my little man. hate seeing him in pain

• Advertisement
Advertisement