Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Baby4 your baby's "routine" sounds the same as hours, waking every 1.5-2 and awake for an hour each time. I'd get nothing done during the day without my sling so if you don't have or want one don't worry about getting things done around the house, she's still so tiny she needs cuddles! Can you hop in the shower when she's asleep? My guy has a golden ten mins each morning after his 9am feed where he likes to lie looking around him, I shower then if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Routine is probably the wrong word more pattern so far! I just feed and sleep on demand as such and he has naturally formed his own pattern. I didn't get any sense of routine with no. 1 until at least 4 months

Shhh trainee you mean you got routine at 6 weeks and 1 day, yes? :)

Ha ha if only!

Spotty my bp is finally on the way down getting reading in the 70s now! Delighted with myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Anyone else using supervalu baby nappies....I find them grand for the toddler but baby leaks each time. my laundry is building up

We use Boots and Tesco ones, the occasional pee leaks but nothing major.

Using the size 2 supervalu on 6 week old and fine so far. The asda ones are best for us for both my boys. The poor sterling rate means not as good value anymore.

Must be just my kid! Funny how each baby reacts differently

They are all so different my friend can only use huggies on her little one all others giver her terrible nappy rash.

• Advertisement

Had 6 week check up this morning. Baby is doing great, weighs nearly 10lbs (I knew he was getting heavy!), is measuring like a normal 6 weeker not a 3 weeks premature baby. My bp was normal, so just staying on the meds now til they lower the dosage, which I really hope is soon, I'll be bummed if I really am on it for months.

The gp commented that it's great to see somebody so natural with a baby, she said to look at me you'd think it was my fourth or fifth not my first as I'm so "good" with him :o:) I don't know what others are like with babies as obviously this is just the way I am! But it's nice to hear things like that :) She was fascinated by my stretchy wrap sling too. I was told by PHN to get her to look at my scar but I completely forgot, seems fine anyway though.

And he broke the record for the amount of pee done on the examination table :P

Little boys and their pee....I am three outfits in today :-(

Considering weaning the night feeds to formula - cannot cope with no sleep and a toddler and cannot express enough for a feed unless I express three times a day for one bottle!! Fair play to those who do!

I've just realised that when I was leaving hospital they said that the gp would discuss contraception with me at 6 week check up too. Nothing was said about me, it was all about the baby, and I obviously forgot because I have a thousand things to remember. Goddmit! So I've to pay €50+ now if I want to sort that out in the next few weeks...greeeeat.

Spotty you are doing great. So lovely as a first time mum to hear lovely compliments like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm finding a difference in nappies this time around, Tesco ones I still find good but I'm finding Lidl ones not as good this time round, Pampers also leaked alot last time but have been fine this time.
    As for peeing I was never pee'd on as much by my son as as I have been with my daughter, I don't know how she manages it. I'd often have her babygro done back up only to discover it's soaking as she's pee'd without me seeing:rolleyes:

bp wrote: »
    Considering weaning the night feeds to formula - cannot cope with no sleep and a toddler and cannot express enough for a feed unless I express three times a day for one bottle!! Fair play to those who do!

Have you tried lying down feeding at night & co-sleeping?
    I'm not breastfeeding anymore but when I was that's what I did & found I was only waking at night long enough to change boobs.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Have you tried lying down feeding at night & co-sleeping?
    I'm not breastfeeding anymore but when I was that's what I did & found I was only waking at night long enough to change boobs.

That might work. Expressed three times yesterday and went to bed at half nine....half five he wakes for me to feed him :-) hubby took feed at something o clock (I am in the spare room) feel like a new woman ...although boob is huge!!!

Babs had her 6 week check up today (can't believe she's 6 weeks old already :eek:), everything checked out great. She's weighing in at 10lbs 6ozs, nice to know all that food she guzzles is going somewhere:) Doc was really impressed with how sturdy she is & how well she focuses on & follows your face.
    Her little personality is really starting to come out, getting lots of laughs & smiles, just melts my heart ♡

I just love the little smiles. 6 week checkup on tue be interested to see what he weighs, he is a little savage!

• Advertisement

Can't wait to get smiles! Considering his corrected age would be just 3-4 weeks we could be waiting a while yet!

Can't wait to get smiles! Considering his corrected age would be just 3-4 weeks we could be waiting a while yet!

Same here - the hint of a smile give but like spotty two weeks early so hopefully they come soon

Ok the 2 hourly feeds are slowly killing me at night :( I got to sleep at 1am having been awake since 6 am, awake with him now since 2 am. Ugh.

My hubby kindly dispatched me to the spare room as I managed to express a bottle and my f@*kin boobs woke me at 1.30am so no sleep for me...expressed bottle for tonight so

Didn't get a chance to express yesterday other than a paltry 10mls last night, going to try more today. And am going to sleep today when he sleeps if I can, something I never do. People were in and out of the house all day yesterday so I couldn't, I'm so tired.

Didn't get a chance to express yesterday other than a paltry 10mls last night, going to try more today. And am going to sleep today when he sleeps if I can, something I never do. People were in and out of the house all day yesterday so I couldn't, I'm so tired.

It's hard to understand the sheer level of exhaustion isn't it until you are there. I hope you get some sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I hope you manage to get some sleep today spotty! I'm feeling great this morning because I didn't have to do all the night feeds as it's the weekend it really makes a difference!

We have our sling consultation today I'm so excited!! Am now leaning more towards a soft structured carrier than a wrap but looking forward to having the chance to try them all

Babs is not only up to her birthweight but is now 6oz more than it so thrilled with that. She seems to have had a bit of a growth spurt already, she's gotten so long that this week she's the full length of 0-3m babygros

In fairness it's probably only the third time I've felt that tired in nearly 7 weeks, and I'm over it again now that it's morning, everything seems so much worse to me at night, 7am is the middle of the night to me :o

My scar is looking and feeling great, my stomach is a lot less tender, so I chanced my "normal" skinny jeans that I haven't worn since October, I'm in! :) I'm going to a spa next week and I was going to wear my favourite 1950's style one piece swimsuit to the hot tub and stuff, but feck it I'm going to go all out and wear a bikini, might buy a new one to fit my breastfeeding boobs into :o

It's very strange to look at my little 5-6 inch scar and think this gorgeous big baby boy came out of there...doesn't seem possible he was ever that small.

My scar is looking and feeling great, my stomach is a lot less tender, so I chanced my "normal" skinny jeans that I haven't worn since October, I'm in! :) I'm going to a spa next week and I was going to wear my favourite 1950's style one piece swimsuit to the hot tub and stuff, but feck it I'm going to go all out and wear a bikini, might buy a new one to fit my breastfeeding boobs into :o

It's very strange to look at my little 5-6 inch scar and think this gorgeous big baby boy came out of there...doesn't seem possible he was ever that small.

I wish my old clothes fit....I can pull them up but that button is miles from the hole!!!

I have a load of gorgeous coloured jeggings that I won't even try, they are super tight and with my lack of tone in my stomach and it still feeling a bit bruised it wouldn't end well.

• Advertisement

I haven't worn clothes that tight in about 10 years :-) supermodel I am not! I will happily take the title mother instead... That is my excuse and sticking to it :-)

Not back in the old clothes comfortably yet. Still have a bit of a tummy! Will get there. Hope all mamas and babas doing well. We made the 4 hour trip to my husbands home place with the 2 kids! The stress!!! Our car was laden down, how can two small people need some much stuff!

We travelled 3 hours in our small 4 door when he was 3 weeks old with our 27kg dog, all our stuff and the buggy, couldn't budge!!

It's madness and we have a decent sized boot in the car. The eldest wee man is so easy to transport will eat and drink whatever we are having so he is no hassle really. The newest wee man- I had forgotten about all the stops between giving him a break out of car seat and feeds I forgot how long it actually makes the journey. Both has been sleeping brilliant up here, must be the clean country air!

Our guy slept straight through the drive with no feed, which was handy. Once he's asleep in a moving car or the sling he will go nearly hours and hours without a feed if he was let. Back then he was still feeding every 3-4 hours anyway, now it's 2 :(

We didn't stop for a break from car seat, I used to sell them and we were told it's fine for them to be in them longer than 1.5hrs when necessary aka long car journey, it's people leaving them in them all day at home or out shopping that's to be avoided. If we'd stopped to take him out for 10mins then we'd have had another hour at least by the time he wanted feed, freaked out a while and calmed down again.

That's good to know spotty, I was a bit obsessive about letting him stretch out. How are the nights going? Still can't believe we have passed be 6 week marK. It was always such a milestone in my head!

So frustrating, babs woke up screaming, eating fists etc all the hunger signs... Got up, made bottle - she drank an oz and is now fast asleep. Totally resisting all attempts to wake her to finish so she'll be awake again in another hour :-(

Sorry if this is a method you already tried and is totally obvious angel delight but did you open or take her clothes off to try and wake her? That really works here if a nappy change doesn't work.

Trainee the nights are OK, I'm just feeding him now and last time was 3.30-4am, 1.30am before that. He went huge 4 hour gaps yesterday without being hungry and was well fed and I pumped a huge amount in one sitting too so was delighted. Once I get over the tiredness of waking every 1.5-2hrs he's great in fairness, goes right back to bed with little fuss.

I cannot believe the 6 week mark is gone, he's 7 weeks today, and so big! The tiny newborn clothes I packed away yesterday looked like doll clothes, 0-3 ones that were too big 2 weeks ago now have toesies straining through them!

I had tried those alright but she was resolutely scrunching up her eyes refusing to wake in a "computer says no" fashion!! Strangely though despite only drinking 1oz when she's drinking 4-5 normally I had to wake her at 9.30 for her next one!

It's mad about the clothes isn't it, our lady is 4 weeks on Wednesday and is the length of the 0-3 babygros!!

I get to boast (sorry) dream feed at 10pm and slept until 4am. Toddler on the other hand at 5.30 am again!

• Advertisement

I had tried those alright but she was resolutely scrunching up her eyes refusing to wake in a "computer says no" fashion!! Strangely though despite only drinking 1oz when she's drinking 4-5 normally I had to wake her at 9.30

She may be outgrowing that feed - could you try a little more at the previous feed? Or put a soother in, may just want to suckle

I hate you bp :p My guy refuses to feed more and go longer intervals, he's a grazer like his mother :pac:

I hate you bp :p My guy refuses to feed more and go longer intervals, he's a grazer like his mother :pac:

Don't worry the older one isn't sleeping

bp wrote: »
    She may be outgrowing that feed - could you try a little more at the previous feed? Or put a soother in, may just want to suckle

That would be heaven actually I must see how it goes tonight!!

That would be heaven actually I must see how it goes tonight!!

Fingers crossed

Had my 6 week check up today and all was good.
    Thought I'd skip out of the hospital knowing I'd never have to go back again but instead I felt a little emotional knowing I was never going to experience having a new baby again.
    While I know it's the right descision for our family it's still a little sad to think my little girl will be the last baby I will have :(

Aw ms2011 I have mine tomorrow. I wonder will I feel the same as I'm almost 100% sure we are done with more babies!

Yeah hubby said ast night he thinks we are done too :-( financially it makes sense and for the sake of my sanity but still :-(

Ah well will just have to love them extra!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kyle47

If its affecting all fingers it's swelling, if your baby finger isn't included it's carpal tunnel. If it's just swelling splints are no good.

Carpal tunnel is from an injury within the wrist, it causes swelling in the carpal tunnel which puts pressure on the nerves entering your hand and which go into your fingers. To relieve the pain use cold and compression on your wrist. It will come back though after any aggravation so you have to continually treat it. To heal the underlying injury give it a lot of rest and time, a blood flow stimulator will also help and speed up the healing process.

• Advertisement

No idea why you went back months to quote that post but whatever!

Baby slept 3hrs, 3hrs and 2 hrs last night, heaven! Cranky as usual today, he's a mighty whinger when anything is up with him, like when he wakes hungry there's no quiet moments of early cues, he goes straight to crying, bless him :) Such a cute wobbly bottom lip but awful listening when he gets to full on shrieks over nappy changes, when I don't feed him asap, when he doesn't have cuddles!

Advertisement