Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

So 8 month check up last week....all well. My clinic has two public health nurses, unfortunately I didn't get the one i prefer but sure all was well.

Baby4 I hope you are starting to feel a bit more like yourself - everyone is here for you.

I hope letters to Santa have been written....was sorting out stocking fillers last night. Bulking up babies so 2 year old doesn't wonder why she got more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Sick baby, sick mommy and sick daddy here. We have colds, he has bronchiolitis. And I've hurt my back and we both are very busy with work this week. Roll on Christmas Day!

Sick baby, sick mommy and sick daddy here. We have colds, he has bronchiolitis. And I've hurt my back and we both are very busy with work this week. Roll on Christmas Day!

Oh no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You deserve to be put first :) mental health is so important. Enjoy Christmas and be spoiled, being a mammy is the hardest job.

I am glad it is working and hope you get to properly enjoy Christmas now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

So glad to hear you're feeling so much better baby4 X

Just getting over some illnesses here too, hopefully that'll mean we have a sick free Xmas this year :)

Baby going great, she had her 7 month assessment recently, she's in the 50th -75th percentile for weight & head circumference & 90th percentile for length so looks like we'll have a tall little girl :)

Happy 1st Christmas to all the babies x

Never heard anything here about 7/8 month assessment, they said it'd be Nov/Dec but it won't be in the next 2 weeks really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Once you put them down to sleep on their back and they roll themselves onto their front it's ok. They're strong enough now to move their head to the side when they need to!

Our little girl is just gone 8 months and had her assessment before Christmas - all grand PHN was happy with her. Having great craic teaching her things like waving bye and high fives. Christmas was a disaster she started leap 6 just before it and cried all Christmas. It's only yesterday and today she's back to being in good form, she's spent the last 3 weeks whining!

Not crawling yet but about 85% of the way there and starting to grow some proper hair too!

• Advertisement

No clue about high fives here but plays games with us! Moving backwards and on the bottom but not quite crawling yet.

Tough going here at the moment. Have reached my limits with waking every 1-2 hours, I'm broken. As he has been waking up upset now, only napping for 30 mins at a time, and bursting out crying seemingly randomly I have decided I don't believe what gp/lactation consultant have said about it being "normal" and just the way some babies are.

Took him to the osteopath today to rule out any physical pains causing it and they found two possible problem areas that fit exactly with what I've said he does. They said if he was formula fed I'd have been in there with him screaming with intestinal pain before he was 3 months old. We're back next week so hopefully we'll see some improvement now, for him, me, and our marriage! I've been a snippy cow because I'm so exhausted and downtrodden at the moment with everything. Between illness, the leap he's in and everything else he's gone so clingy and I've had so little patience with him because, which isn't fair.

He loves Peekaboo, can sit perfectly and stand up holding onto things, but can't crawl or move for all the toys in the world. He says Dada all the time but has no idea he's saying a word :D

We used a sleep consultant in the end, it was that or what you are using spotty, not sure why I picked one over the other to be honest.

Teething like a mad yoke here!

Amazing how they all develop so differently, and he seeming loves 'up town funk' - the song was just on and went nuts!

Got one mamama there so was delighted!

Somehow we heard Twist and Shout 3 days out of 4 between Christmas tv and a band at a wedding fair and he loves holding hands standing up dancing to that :)

We've a little dancer here too, her brother loves watching Team Umizoomi on Nick Jr, at the end they do a 'crazy shake' dance & she gives it socks when it comes on :D

Still just the 2 teeth so far. She's starting to make some efforts to crawl too though mostly she just ends up on her tummy & getting frustrated!!

Can't believe she's turning 9 months at the weekend, she'll officially be out as long as she was in :p

Baby4 wrote: »
    My brilliant little sleeper (who has slept thru the night for months now) has finally regressed and is a demon at night! Where does she get the energy from? Oh yes, that's right, she's steals it from me and her Dad.

Have I mentioned that I'm tired and grumpy?

:(

teething like a maniac here....five teeth already and they just keep coming

Very grumpy baby here this week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Anyone hitting the 9 month sleep regression? This fella won't take his lunchtime nap! I need his lunchtime nap argh!!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone hitting the 9 month sleep regression? This fella won't take his lunchtime nap! I need his lunchtime nap argh!!!!

Yep, hence cranky baby (and mammy!)

bp wrote: »
    Yep, hence cranky baby (and mammy!)

God me too!

Not looking forward to that! My little lady is 8.5 months and still going through leap six. Painful doesn't begin to describe it!

Are the other babies on just two naps?

Yep 2 naps here, 10ish-12ish in the morning & 2ish to 4 ish in the afternoon, then bed at 7pm.

His sleep never progressed so no regression here! Same constant wakings all night but naps are better, 3 a day usually. Sometimes misses morning nap when we're out and about.

Had 8 month check up. Top 10% for height and weight and doing great.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Yep 2 naps here, 10ish-12ish in the morning & 2ish to 4 ish in the afternoon, then bed at 7pm.

Same Here

Baby4 wrote: »
    Me Three.....!

In the height of my stress today my husband called and tried to give me parenting advice!!.........

In the height of my stress today my husband called and tried to give me parenting advice!!.........

Brave man :D

• Advertisement

Hmm still on three here wonder should I try drop one. She could be back down in the morning within an hour of waking up as she's yawning, rubbing eyes etc

Advertisement