Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Hmm still on three here wonder should I try drop one. She could be back down in the morning within an hour of waking up as she's yawning, rubbing eyes etc

My fella was going down about 830 after being up since 7, he'd sleep for an hour or so. Then another nap between 12 and 1ish for two hours. Could never manage a third nap with him even though he's crazy by 630! Then down for about 7. That was before our sleep regression :( He was super crazy tonight after having no lunchtime nap. Left the OH to deal with it since I obviously hadn't tried everything possible to get him to sleep earlier in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hmm still on three here wonder should I try drop one. She could be back down in the morning within an hour of waking up as she's yawning, rubbing eyes etc

Mine wakes at 7.30-9, if we're at home he'll be tired again by 10-11. Then he always naps at 12.30/1 for up to an hour, then 4/4.30-5/6. Bedtime 8-9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mine wakes at 7.30-9, if we're at home he'll be tired again by 10-11. Then he always naps at 12.30/1 for up to an hour, then 4/4.30-5/6. Bedtime 8-9.

Mine goes to bed at 7, would much prefer 8 but she gets overtired then. It was so much easier when they were small and just slept whenever

Mine always slept badly but it's definitely cumulative and is tougher and more soul destroying now than it ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The ironic thing is I can't get to sleep before 1.30am!

Hope you're doing well Baby4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Baby 4 I am glad you are feeling a bit better :)

This week we have decided neither eating nor sleeping are much fun....at all

Kids tag teamed me last night with not sleeping! On the upside the baby slept on my chest until 5am so I got sneaky cuddles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

How are all the April babas doing? Hard to believe we are fast approaching the year!

I know it's crazy isn't it?! Sleep was good here but leap seven means it's gone to pot again. Last two nights we had to use the sling to get her asleep then transfer her - she just can't help herself rolling over once she's in the cot and then gets stuck up on all fours and gets all annoyed and overtired. She's started crawling properly now too so we need to get the place properly baby proofed!

All well here, well and truely on the move! Pulling up to standing on furniture too :)

Really cannot believe they will be one soon! Spotty I hope you are getting sleep and baby4 I hope you are feeling more yourself!

Now when do they go off to college again?

Doing good here, another tooth came at the weekend, they don't bother him coming up at all which is amazing. Still sleeps so badly, wakes crying precisely one hour after he falls asleep, which was at 10.30 last night. Wakes a lot all night but doesn't wake for the day until 8-9am so not all bad.

Standing and taking steps holding onto things, and getting very heavy to lift! Had to carry him on my hip for two hours at a wedding this weekend and my arms were killing me the next day!

Hope all the babies and parents are doing great. Birthday planning is next! :)

Anyone thinking of going again?? I 100% would except we're hoping to buy a house in the next 12 months so need to hold off. Very broody though!

Anybody got any plans for first birthdays?? Ours isn't until 29th April so we've plenty of time. I've actually never been to a baby's birthday party so feeling like an amateur haha. Will most likely just be us, grandparents and her auntie. Then we're heading off on our first holiday the day after cant wait

My elders first birthday was just immediate family, sure they won't remember it anyway. I did pick the present this morning! More plastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

We have a bum shuffler here, don't think she has much interest in crawling. She discovered the stairs yesterday so I think the gate will be getting dusted off soon.
    Four teeth now & she has the most annoying habit of grinding them :rolleyes:
    I've a double party to plan this year as my son turns 4 2 days before herself turns 1. I have my son's present in but have no idea what to get the baby.
    As for another baby we are definitely done, the further I get away from the baby stage the less I can see myself going back. Hubby is now booked in for the snip in April. Thought I'd be sadder than I am, just really looking forward to the next chapter which is renovating our new house & moving to a new area :)

We are done too....money, house size etc, it just makes sense! Baby gate is up here as the stairs was discovered a few weeks ago.

Baby fell asleep in buggy so have him out the back garden, figure get some vitiam D into him and fresh air! Hasn't been napping well lately so delighted

We'd love to try again now but with my work it would be a terrible plan financially and business wise, need to wait until at the very least the end of this year, more likely late 2017. A second baby can't possibly sleep as badly! :D

His birthday will be grandparents, my husband's siblings and their partners and children, and some of my close friends (my sibling substitutes!) so will be busy and a bit of work but a good excuse for a fun afternoon :) It'll also be my big milestone of 1 year breastfeeding so I will get a big pat on the back from myself, my friends and husband. Considering his first feed was formula while in scbu I never thought I'd be celebrating this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Our little man is flying now. 8 teeth and pulling himself up and moving around the furniture. We've had a couple of falls and a busted lip which was quite scary (more for me, he was grand after a couple of minutes). Started to contemplate getting him helmet! Gates are on the top and bottom of the stairs as he's flying up them now assisted! Started induction in creche this week, he's doing well but I'm dreading going back to work next week. Thinking about number two but my MIL is acting as a very good contraceptive at the moment.

• Advertisement

Baby in pincy and scrape mammy mode but won't let me cut his nails.....even in his sleep!! Grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

bp wrote: »
    Baby in pincy and scrape mammy mode but won't let me cut his nails.....even in his sleep!! Grr

My son was like that, used to have to nearly sit on him to cut his nails:eek:
    Luckily babs is a little more compliant as she get eczema on her face so I have to keep her nails short to stop her scratching it, usually clip them twice a week while singing 'when Santa got stuck up the Chimney', feels weird still singing it when it's almost March but it keeps her mesmerised just long enough to get them all cut, hey whatever works:D;)

Congratulations Baby4 :)

Baby has been crying for the past hour yet refusing calpol for teeth :( so tired

Poor baby :-( three teeth appeared overnight here!

Wow bp busy night!

We had a bad night here too, waking every 1-1.5 hours and fighting me, the fighting bit very unlike him, usually a boob calms him straight away. Then he had a very full nappy at 4am, then again at 6 (haven't had nighttime dirty nappies since the summer), and diarrhea this morning. He has a runny nose too but is in great form as usual.

Tough being a baby!

Baby4 that's exciting! Are there many part time roles available in your line of work?

Baby is crawling three weeks now but still can't lie down in cot - is up on all fours as soon as her head touches the mattress. My patience is at zero and I am getting so frustrated! We've tried leaving her up on all fours so she discovers how to get down herself and not see it as a game but she whacks her head every. Single. Time. Argh!!!! Fourth tooth is just under the surface and number three popped up on Saturday so that explains some of the terrible form

• Advertisement

Wow bp busy night!

We had a bad night here too, waking every 1-1.5 hours and fighting me, the fighting bit very unlike him, usually a boob calms him straight away. Then he had a very full nappy at 4am, then again at 6 (haven't had nighttime dirty nappies since the summer), and diarrhea this morning. He has a runny nose too but is in great form as usual.

Tough being a baby!

Oh poor little baby :(

Advertisement