Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

So just packed away baby's jumperaroo & Bumbo seat, now that she's able to move around herself she will no longer stays in them.
    Only feels like yesterday I was taking them down for her, I'm not ready for how fast she is growing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I know the feeling we did same, feels so much quicker second time around! Little man is flying around crawling and standing up against furniture. Only the 4 teeth as yet but teething a lot so hopefully more on the way. His big brother loves his so much, I love the bond between them

Definitely seems quicker second time round.

Loving the sibling bond here too, her little eyes light up when we go to collect the little fella from Montessori.
    No one can get her to laugh like he can either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

It's been almost a year ladies! Unbelievable! Sleeping better here, trying to walk and making good efforts to feed himself with a spoon.

But refusing sippy cups! Loves those bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

bp wrote: »
    It's been almost a year ladies! Unbelievable! Sleeping better here, trying to walk and making good efforts to feed himself with a spoon.

But refusing sippy cups! Loves those bottles

Did you happen to try the munchkin 360 cups? Our fella didn't like the sippy cups and he'd take a drink from a cup so this worked out great.

Currently organising a Paw Patrol themed family birthday party! Lol never thought I'd be organising one of them haha

Ah love the theme! Will try those cups, thank you :)

Now that baby moves big sis is less happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Can't believe the babies are nearly one! My little girl was 11 months yesterday - crawling around at lightning speed and trying to pull herself up but no luck yet! We're just having a small family party the week before her birthday then on the day the three of us are going to the zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

This time last year I was admitted a month before my due date and unexpectedly joined the April group, birthday next week! Can't wait. He is still a desperate sleeper, waking every 1-2 hours always, but is nearly walking, 5 teeth and more coming, and great craic! Absolutely can't believe it's almost a year. My mother in law asked is he only having one feed a day now, we lol'd, he still feeds 5+ times a day usually. Delighted and surprised to have made it to a year breastfeeding, something I pretty much didn't know was possible before I started.

Planning our first holiday soon...will be hard work but might as well be in a warm and sunny country doing the hard work :D

Cakes ordered today, party planned for next weekend. Cannot believe she's turning one next week!!

On a side note I put her hair in pig tails for the first time today - cuteness overload :D

• Advertisement

My little one came into the world at this time last year ❤
    She's currently in bed fast asleep oblivious to the fact her mam is an emotional wreck realising her little baby is now a one year old, where has that year gone :eek::)

Aww happy birthday mini miss2011!

Happy birthday!

Ah crap...weird noises in porch....gotta go!

All good, Just found teddy in porch and a belt so having a rare old time for himself!

He isn't clapping (did it once and not since) but just built a tower four blocks high and has three words....stairs no issue and on the cusp of walking.

Never had bad nappies with my son when he was teething but it's a totally different story with my daughter.
    I always know when she'll get a new tooth by her nappies so you have my sympathies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Baby4 wrote: »
    I'm tired. Oh so tired. That is all.

We've just come through about 6 weeks of horrendous nights, viral infections, conjunctivitis, four molars etc all coinciding with starting in creche, we've had two nights of relative quietness.....i feel your pain!

We had a tough week too. Ended up bringing baby into bed with me and kicking hubby out to stop neighbours calling the police!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

If it's any consolation ladies around 11 - 12.5 months was horrendous sleep wise between teeth, vaccinations etc. Then she just started sleeping and over 2 months later we don't know ourselves. She's sleeps in her own bed every night. She was always in our bed before.

• Advertisement

Not doing too bed sleep wise here. He's still in our bed (King Velcro Baby the First), but "only" wakes about 3-4 times a night now. He slept 12-5 two nights ago, I didn't know myself! I love his cuddly sleepy self so we're in no rush to move him for now.

First foreign holiday coming up next month, dreading the flight but can't wait to throw on my new bikini, feel the sun and splash about in the pool with him :)

Having a tough time with work and other stuff, so this holiday will be a welcome break.

I'm almost afraid to post about sleep for fear of jinxing ourselves. Since the last leap finished we've been doing really well, down at 7 and not a peep until 7.15. Started a leap last night and was much harder to settle her already! Sounds lovely spotty. We're off on a cruise on Saturday week but it's to Norwegian fjords so won't be warm

That sounds fab angeldelight, I'm not a prolonged boat trip person but the location sounds amazing.

Funnily enough you don't even feel like you're on a ship, very much looking forward to it. I think baby will have a whole suitcase and we'll have to share one!!!

I'd *know* I was on a ship, that's enough :D Sure I thought oh his clothes are tiny we'll have loads of space. Forgot about nappies, toys, etc etc.

We're bringing an inflatable bath tub :D only have showers on the ship and high pressure, can't take the head down so we've a duck bath packed!!!

Oh I remember vaguely wearing a bikini once!!! Would love to go on a cruise...hopefully on the next year or two

Follow on milk is just marketing crap. I'm breastfeeding but if I had formula fed I'd have just introduced cows milk and dropped formula at 1.

• Advertisement

We stayed on first formula for bottles until just last week, we've switched over to cows milk now as she's one on Friday. We've used cows milk for food since six months though

Advertisement