Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Crown

Options
  • 03-08-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever got a crown in town? any idea on cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Just checked my dentist's website and its €700!

That's bloody crazy expensive.

No idea if that's the norm.

Anyway myself and my OH use http://www.brasscockdental.com/fees.html

Des is sound out and is a really good dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

€700 ouch! add pre and post work on that. its times like this I wish didn't bother working and got the medical card.

Thanks for that. Il probably have to bite the bullet and get it done.

Have used Des before or the tooth-fairy as I've come to know him by, so Il give him a shout on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

jayboi wrote: »
    €700 ouch! add pre and post work on that. its times like this I wish didn't bother working and got the medical card.

Have used Des before or the tooth-fairy as I've come to know him by, so Il give him a shout on Tuesday.

Medical card holders
    The Dental Treatment Services Scheme (DTSS) provides access to dental treatment for adult medical card holders (over 16 years of age). A free oral examination every calendar year and free emergency dental treatment for relief of pain and sepsis are available to all eligible patients. This includes 2 fillings per annum and all extractions.
    Where does it say you get free crowns ???

Medical card holders
    The Dental Treatment Services Scheme (DTSS) provides access to dental treatment for adult medical card holders (over 16 years of age). A free oral examination every calendar year and free emergency dental treatment for relief of pain and sepsis are available to all eligible patients. This includes 2 fillings per annum and all extractions.
    Where does it say you get free crowns ???

Not that I was singling out just the crown as there are other fees involved as doubt you would get off with a simple 700.

Are you telling me that it don't whatsoever?

As far as I know you or your dentist can apply for special circumstances to the HSE and they will decide but you probably know that already oh mighty oracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Not that I was singling out just the crown as there are other fees involved as doubt you would get off with a simple 700.

As far as I know you or your dentist can apply for special circumstances to the HSE and they will decide but you probably know that already oh mighty oracle.[/QUO

Reported to mods

• Advertisement

As far as I know you or your dentist can apply for special circumstances to the HSE and they will decide but you probably know that already oh mighty oracle.[/QUO

Reported to mods

You can report me to the pope for all I care

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marty66

Medical cards dont cover crowns:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I have one on my front tooth. Was like 700 I think, its not great I have broken it twice kind of chipped it at the bottom, and the discoloration on my tooth is showing through.

Currently I have braces on when I get them off in 2 months Im getting my teeth whitened and a new crown fitted that's less opaque and whiter. One issue with it though is I will have to get yearly teeth whitening to ensure the teeth match the crown

Advertisement