Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Chocolate / Sweets Abroad - Recommendations

• 03-08-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Been thinking of sending a few sweet Irish / UK things to friends in the US, as we often had a conversation or two about the differences. Any recommendations? All confectionary considered!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

ironclaw wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Been thinking of sending a few sweet Irish / UK things to friends in the US, as we often had a conversation or two about the differences. Any recommendations? All confectionary considered!

I do this once a year with my family in Canada! They emigrated almost 20 years ago and the last couple of years I send over a care package with a 6 pack of Tayto, Animal Bars, Cadbury bars (usually Wispa / Wispa Bites / Freddos / Buttons) and I throw in some cheap stuff like Dib-Dabs, Love Hearts, basically the cheaper stuff that they could never find over there. They love it!

I usually send it in November and if I can I add some seasonal stuff like the giant Quality Street sweets, Aero Christmas Trees and stuff like that! Could cost the bones of €50 between the goods and postage but I love doing it.

Now that I think of it, I must send them over some of the Cadbury Marvellous Creation bars, it will be something different for them this year! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks Hulk. That's a decent amount of suggestions. I just never know as America is sweet central and you don't want to send whats in the shop down the street. Ever any issues with Customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My us relatives like smarties, crunches, fry turkish delight and ginger nut biscuits

ironclaw wrote: »
    Thanks Hulk. That's a decent amount of suggestions. I just never know as America is sweet central and you don't want to send whats in the shop down the street. Ever any issues with Customs?

No thankfully. I've always avoided putting in teabags just in case! Although maybe a year or two ago a package my cousin sent ME had been opened and put back together by the time it got to me. It was only Canadian tshirts and hockey jerseys and not food, but I thought that was strange!

• Advertisement
Advertisement