Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose ID please

• 03-08-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I got a slip of this rose from a friend but she didn't know the name. It's a lovely deep apricot colour. Could anyone put a name on it?

v7qli8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There are several possibilities but need a bit more information:

How tall does it grow? is it fragrant?

"Mojave" "Superstar" and "Troika" are among the most popular orangey coloured HT roses, but there are others.

Did your friend tell you any more about its habits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

It is about 30 inches tall and has a lovely scent. The person I got it from knows nothing about it, was in the garden when she bought the house. It is more of an apricot colour than orange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sounds like it might be "Whisky Mac" ...try googling that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

It's a deeper colour than Whiskey Mac. Must take a bloom to the local garden centre to see if they can identify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

This is no help Wyldwood but I have what looks like the exact same rose but I dont know the name. Like you I hope to find out its name

• Advertisement
Advertisement