Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughing Championships

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Or just covering his arse in case the animal dies ;)

kinda reminds me of story of chippy fitting staircase for sarcastic doctor ,doctor arrived home early to find chippy covering marks left by chisel that slipped marking timber beside where he covered screws with plugs, surgeon remarked "ill have to get discount for all the times you covered you mistakes with filler". the chippy replied "well no one sees yours, don't you get next of kin to pay undertaker to cover your mistakes with pick and shovel"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Theres a thread called guntherin, look it up, theres a great backing gate on it. It sits on the side bar.

Yeah I've seen most of them in that thread alright!

It's this sort of a gate I'm thinking of for back of the race,

www.georgehamiltonmchy.co.uk/images/backgate1.gif
    We already have a swinging gate at the back of one crush(partly so that we can close it over and be certain nothing ends up trapped in there!) but want something a bit handier in the yard as it's the main crush and we do most stuff through it

I'm not gone on the idea of the side swinging auto backing jobs as i think there's to big of a possibility to get one stuck under the ribs. Would rather just stick to dropping in bars by hand,

Not sure if first link works so I'll add this one and hope for the best;
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVQUV6Mzdq1T96vLFJC77ceFUf97U1NQC9VQBMYGzeWHO79yh_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

how much is it into the ploughing?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

whelan2 wrote: »
    how much is it into the ploughing?

Adults are €20 accompanying children under 12 are free

http://www.npa.ie/ticket-enquery/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

fastrac wrote: »
    20 euro

Can be a dear auld week if ya go more than once

Reggie. wrote: »
    Can be a dear auld week if ya go more than once

think ill give it a skip until i make money on sucklers, 2 adults + B&B +diesel overkill for one more year anyway

Zr105 wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen most of them in that thread alright!

It's this sort of a gate I'm thinking of for back of the race,

www.georgehamiltonmchy.co.uk/images/backgate1.gif

We already have a swinging gate at the back of one crush(partly so that we can close it over and be certain nothing ends up trapped in there
    any danger of legs getting trapped between horizontal bars. like sliding gate idea though.

sandydan wrote: »
    think ill give it a skip until i make money on sucklers, 2 adults + B&B +diesel overkill for one more year anyway

We are lucky enough to be only an hour or two away from the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'd go, but I need a place to kip. Can I borrow a hayshed off one of ye please:D

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I'd go, but I need a place to kip. Can I borrow a hayshed off one of ye please:D

Not a chance in hell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I have not been to it for over 10 years and I doubt I will be at it within the next 10 years. Way too many non farming stands that I have no interest in along with the fact that I hate crowds of people.
    The only interest that I would have is the livestock section and seeing some of the horse ploughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

fastrac wrote: »
    20 euro

RIP off republic at its best

Lambofdave wrote: »
    RIP off republic at its best

Sure how else are they going to make the money.....oh yeah mad money for stands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Sure how else are they going to make the money.....oh yeah mad money for stands

€1248 for 6 meters long :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

You might never go again:D

Sure lads are made of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Where did you get that price from Lakill

dzer2 wrote: »
    Where did you get that price from Lakill

He has a stand in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

He has a stand in it

I know that just wondering on the price. Called in to him last yr but he was fierce busy at the time so left him alone as I was only a tyre kicker

• Advertisement

dzer2 wrote: »
    I know that just wondering on the price. Called in to him last yr but he was fierce busy at the time so left him alone as I was only a tyre kicker

I called into him too and his life was never the same since :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

any danger of legs getting trapped between horizontal bars. like sliding gate idea though.

Yeah i wouldn't go mad for horizontal bars, would be more likely to go with verticles, and possibly sheet lower half, not sure hence why id like to look at any that are there!

tanko wrote: »
    You might never go again:D

very confident about upturn in suklers aint youz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi All. I've never been to the ploughing championships and father in law wants to go for a look.

Can some advise me what day would be best to go? I'm assuming it's pretty busy every day there.

Also, where would be the closest town to stay over for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Hi All. I've never been to the ploughing championships and father in law wants to go for a look.

Can some advise me what day would be best to go? I'm assuming it's pretty busy every day there.

I'll open a lovely new ploughing thread for 2018 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

RobinBanks wrote: »

The first day is usually the best day, weather dependant of course.
    Tullamore is close to the site but i'd imagine accomodation would be hard got nearby at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭893bet

Ha! Superb bump

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mod: Interesting historical excavation, but there's a current thread running on the subject, so I'll consign this one back to the time capsule.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement