Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is skateboarding dead ?

Options
  • 03-08-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've recently decided to hop back on my board after a 7 year gap. But the lack of skaters is phenomenal compared to when I was younger when every third child had a board. Has there been a massive decline in skateboarders or are they there and I'm just not seeing them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

In the last 2 months ive noticed a lot more skateboarders around then i have before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flash11

In the last 2 months ive noticed a lot more skateboarders around then i have before!

They must all be hiding where in from all I'm seeing are these stunt scooters. Are u talking in parks or on the streets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Flash11 wrote: »
    They must all be hiding where in from all I'm seeing are these stunt scooters. Are u talking in parks or on the streets ?

On the streets, they head into town on the skateboards!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

I recently decided to make the move back onto a board and picked up a nice cruiser for knocking around town (Cork) and the amount of people I'm bumping into doing the same thing is phenomenal! it makes life a lot easier when working in the city centre for getting around, I couldn't face being on a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭GazPat

I would say you may see less on the streets but more in the parks. I have noticed a lot more in parks and less and less on the streets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement