Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford the most bankrupt county in Ireland

Options
  • 03-08-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Headline in Sunday indo in business section.....is media ever going to stop attacking waterford people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Mike6070 wrote: »
    Headline in Sunday indo in business section.....is media ever going to stop attacking waterford people

Link for people who don't have access to a physical copy of the Sunday Indo:

http://www.independent.ie/business/we-owe-five-times-more-than-we-did-in-2008-30478144.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The figures are made to look worse than they are by the way they calculate them
    The average debt is taken as the figure mid-way between the highest and lowest debt in a particular county.

So only needs one very large debt to make a big difference to the "average".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mike6070 wrote: »

You should be glad of this so called attack - its just the facts that yet again show how Waterford has fallen so far behind Galway (a city that was in Waterfords shadow 40 years ago).

HELLO is there anyone out there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike6070

I think waterford will come good again in time

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Waterford is drowning, needs some serious help.

I would hardly call this a media attack though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Apparently we have one of the worse alcohol problems in Ireland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Apparently we have one of the worse alcohol problems in Ireland as well.

And B.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

a total of 152 bankrupts in the entire COUNTRY - maybe Waterford people in financial trouble are quicker to accept the bankruptcy route which from reading about it, is a superb way of moving on with life.

To me that is a positive story for Waterford.

Also remember its silly season for newspapers/rags and they write absolute and utter sh1te from end of July to end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

up the fúckin deise

Advertisement