Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swelling on dog's eyebrow

• 04-08-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Noticed a slight swelling on my husky's eyebrow earlier this evening. It doesn't seem to be sore to touch or itchy but just wondering if anyone might have an idea of what it is? My guess would be possibly a bee sting or a flea bite? She's never had fleas before so I wouldn't know what a bite would look like. The picture was taken with flash on therefore appears redder and slightly more swollen then if you see it in person. Thanks for any advice and will most likely bring her to the vet tomorrow just to be sure it's nothing too serious :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

bit hard to see from the pic - could it be a tick ?

it'll look like a little bulb shaped thing stuck in the centre

if it is - extract it properly or it will eject more toxic stuff into the bite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

We had a good look earlier and couldn't see a tick but will look again first thing as she's now fast asleep!! Thanks so much for replying and including that video. I really appreciate it and will definitely have a another look tomorrow :)

Advertisement