Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the MH17 thread in After Hours

Options
  • 04-08-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently on a 3 day ban from AH, just wanted to check if the below is all correct.

I rarely post in AH but was interested in this thread as I travel a lot and have actually flown the MH17 route previously. There are some decent posters with some good insight into not only the crash but the consequences if Russia is found to be responsible.

Unfortunately the thread was entirely derailed by one poster (Egginacup) who's only aim appeared to be to post incessantly with an obvious pro-Russia/Putin bias. His posts accounted for about 20% of the thread total, and he made numerous claims that he never bothered to back up. This aggravated a number of posters, me included. Worth bearing in mind his account seems to have been created with the sole purpose of posting on that thread. I reported a number of his posts but nothing was done for a considerable time. Unfortunately it appeared to fall through the cracks for over a week. Eventually they locked the thread for review and banned me for calling him a troll - unsure if any other bans were handed out. The following day Egginacup was banned for the exact reason I had been reporting his posts.

To be honest I wasn't aware that calling some a troll was a bannable offence (despite posting on boards for almost a decade) but not going to contest it if it is. Unfortunately I didn't notice that after being banned the mod had mentioned in the PM "Don't post in this thread on your return please." I've never seen this before (is this thread ban restricted to AH?). After the ban I continued posting in the thread and was given a 3 day ban for not following the original mods instructions not to post there on my return. Again, my fault as I didn't read the PM fully. My issue is that I've now asked the mod am I permanently banned from this thread and he has said 'unfortunately yes'. As I said I never usually post there, but banning me from this thread is the equivalent of banning me from AH. It is only that specific thread I'm interested in, and now that the problem poster has been removed there is actually room for debate. Unsure what the benefit is to banning me from one single thread once the forum ban(s) have been lifted?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

All sorted, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement