Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the aspire Nautilus as good as they say??

Options
  • 04-08-2014 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Bought the Aerotank Mega a week ago, and honestly it's making me wanna punch myself. Non stop leaking and gurgling whenever I fill it, and if I'm lucky I'll only waste half of my juice supply before I get it fixed! Horray. So anywho, I've heard a lot of great things about the Nautilus and was wondering if any of the boardsies have tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Is this a common issue?

I've one ordered for delivery this week, I was going to get the Nautilus but I went for looks (probably the wrong thing to do).

It'll be interested to see peoples opinions on this as I'm a bit worried now if I made the right choice! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Is this a common issue?

I've one ordered for delivery this week, I was going to get the Nautilus but I went for looks (probably the wrong thing to do).

It'll be interested to see peoples opinions on this as I'm a bit worried now if I made the right choice! :(

Luckily if it is you can back out, post won't be going till tomorrow so I doubt anyones posted it!

Ordered and posted Friday, It's an expensive F-up if it is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I haven't moved to one of these more expensive tanks yet as I have been waiting for a local stockist to get the nautilus mini with the new bottom vertical coils . I have been doing some reading and watching some youtube reviews and finally made up my mind that this is the way I want to go and now I see a post in the FB group saying that the taste is muted in the nautilus :( leaving me back thinking again .

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Ordered and posted Friday, It's an expensive F-up if it is crap

Return it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Aerotank Mega?

I've used nothing else since I received it. You must have a dodgy one because mine is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,057 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Like anything from aspire its brilliant. Favourite clearo miser

Aerotank Mega?

I've used nothing else since I received it. You must have a dodgy one because mine is brilliant.

Must have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Mine works perfectly too,never had a leak no matter what way I lay it down.
    Is the coil tightened down properly?
    It's a pity you got a bad one because they really are a nice tank.

Mine works perfectly too,never had a leak no matter what way I lay it down.
    Is the coil tightened down properly?
    It's a pity you got a bad one because they really are a nice tank.

Yeah, it's as tight as I can get it. Could just be bad coils..

• Advertisement

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's as tight as I can get it. Could just be bad coils..

Are you using the upgraded coils, the ones with no wick showinge?

Are you using the upgraded coils, the ones with no wick showinge?

Yeah, why?

Yeah, why?

I've found them much better, less gurgling.

Where is it leaking from, through the base?

I see Esmokeireland have the BVC coils in stock this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Bought the Aerotank Mega a week ago, and honestly it's making me wanna punch myself. Non stop leaking and gurgling whenever I fill it, and if I'm lucky I'll only waste half of my juice supply before I get it fixed! Horray. So anywho, I've heard a lot of great things about the Nautilus and was wondering if any of the boardsies have tried it?

The aerotank, what a horrible pos. It seems to be totally dependent on the random heads though for me. Although its usually a case of 3 or 4 heads in a pack will just gurgle and leak constantly, so i spend half my day cleaning out the air chamber. When they work they will often only last 2 or 3 days, even with clear liquids. Beautiful looking clearo though, the mega.

Basically im done with clearos.

I've found them much better, less gurgling.

Where is it leaking from, through the base?

Through the coil, and flooding the base. I think its just faulty ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

jonski wrote: »
    I see Esmokeireland have the BVC coils in stock this morning .

I picked up some bvc coils along with a mini last week, much better than the old coils, and nicer vape than the aerotanks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I have an (original) Aerotank with the newer coils and a Nautilus. I use both of them regularly and have had no leaks with either. Of the two, I prefer the Nautilus and now that I've started using the BVC coils in it I like it even more.

Ordered the nautilus hopefully it'll be out Friday :3 postman took a day off today... I was expecting a supply of juice to arrive :(

1 day in using the Mega, I'm disappointed to be fair, it has air intake control but I find it really only has two settings, no air or too much air!

I've only given it a short test run so we'll see how the next few days pan out, but ya, disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I have six Nautilus and would say they are the best that I have used so far.Just make sure that both ends are are secure and on the correct threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

yep have 3 Nautilus, never any leaks and only ever a tiny bit of gurgling if it gets low on juice, only small gripe I have with them is that the coils take better to some juices than others so can get anything between 24 hours and a week out of them

I got it. It's great... Better than the waste of money aerotank

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Anyone used the new BVC's with a Nautilus?
    Thinking of getting one, Protank 3's are my choice at the minute but hearing great things about the Nautilus.

Smacs89 wrote: »
    Anyone used the new BVC's with a Nautilus?
    Thinking of getting one, Protank 3's are my choice at the minute but hearing great things about the Nautilus.

Ordered some from the best shop today, will post reply when I try them

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ALVINI

jonski wrote: »
    I haven't moved to one of these more expensive tanks yet as I have been waiting for a local stockist to get the nautilus mini with the new bottom vertical coils . I have been doing some reading and watching some youtube reviews and finally made up my mind that this is the way I want to go and now I see a post in the FB group saying that the taste is muted in the nautilus :( leaving me back thinking again .

And I was wondering where you did disappear. :) Grab your own juice and come into me. I'll let you try your own juice on fresh coil and you will see that the BVC coils are the best ones out there, especially for flavour!!!

I'm a great fan of the Nautilus and have 3 of them and using them for months but lately I have noticed more dud coils in each order, I put in a new one yesterday evening and it went foul with burnt taste already this morning :-(
    Others will last a week and be just fine.
    Have BVC ones in the post so will drop a review when I try them tomorrow

ALVINI wrote: »
    And I was wondering where you did disappear. :) Grab your own juice and come into me. I'll let you try your own juice on fresh coil and you will see that the BVC coils are the best ones out there, especially for flavour!!!

That post was from a while ago , I tried it since with you and thought they were great and everything I have read since says the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Have the Nautilis ten days now, didn't really have a lot to compare it with previously, it came with two BDC coils & I ordered five more with it, the BDC coils were sh1t, had a lot of gurgling issues, pain in the hole

Done a bit of googling, seems Aspire knew there was issues with BDC, picked up BVC coils, working away grand since, no issues, happy with it, bit on the large size, will make a decision after a month or so, if everything still ok I will pick up the smaller Nautilis mini for carrying around, keep the bigger unit for the work desk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I've been using the Nautilis mini with the BVC coils for the last week and once you get it set up the way you want (airflow and voltage) they are good. I was using the BDC coils in the ET-S before that apart from how long they last I'm not seeing much difference though.

Advertisement