Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McSorleys Killarney - parking

Options
  • 04-08-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I'm staying in this B&B for a night soon but realised there is no parking available.
    Travelling from the west of Ireland so not familiar with the area - where is the best place to park for the day & overnight close to McSorleys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

In the carpark opposite? :) Also another carpark about 100 metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

delahuntv wrote: »
    In the carpark opposite? :) Also another carpark about 100 metres away.

Do you know are there time restrictions?
    Is the parking free?

dunno - but I'd guess its free after 6pm and up until 9am. Loads and loads of b&Bs and hotels in the same area and loads and loads of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm staying in this B&B for a night soon but realised there is no parking available.
    Travelling from the west of Ireland so not familiar with the area - where is the best place to park for the day & overnight close to McSorleys?

Car park across the road. Called the Glebe Car Park. You will have to pay until 6pm on Friday. It is free form then until 8am Monday morning. €1.20 per hour pay and display.

There is also parking down the lane beside McSorleys but I wouldn't leave my car down there as it's fairly isolated and not too safe at weekends. Other than that there are about 3 big car parks no more than a 10min walk from McSorleys all with the same pay and display times.

Have fun.

It's during the week. Does the car park close at 6pm or is it just pay & display until then? I'd need to leave it overnight.

• Advertisement

It's during the week. Does the car park close at 6pm or is it just pay & display until then? I'd need to leave it overnight.

Pay and display from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Car park is accessible 24/7. No barriers or anything.

Great help, thank you

madrabui wrote: »
    Please do not leave anything in your car that would tempt anyone to break in.

That would sort of apply to absolutely anywhere including your own driveway.

I think 8 in a year is extremely low considering the tens of thousands of cars about every week.

delahuntv wrote: »
    That would sort of apply to absolutely anywhere including your own driveway.

I think 8 in a year is extremely low considering the tens of thousands of cars about every week.

+1. This applies to every town, not just Killarney. Every weekend there are hundreds of cars left in the Glebe car park, and nothing ever happens, except on very rare occasions. It is quite a safe car park due to the large amount of people coming and going. Even in the early hours, taxi drivers, council workers and hotel breakfast staff would be coming and going. You've very little to worry about OP, Killarney isn't the crime ridden town some like to make out.

Don't worry - there's worry warts everywhere!

• Advertisement
Advertisement