Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Line Installation Not Installed as agreed

Options
  • 04-08-2014 6:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have to have to do this on a public forum but I feel I have no choice.  Have been really let down by Eircom over a new account and line installation and I'm hoping you can help us out.  We're in the process of moving house and because its necessary to work from home, Broadband availability was a key consideration when choosing to move.

On 29th July we contact Eircom about getting eFibre installed.  A helpful lady called Tony advised that someone would come out on the 5th August to install the line and then we would get a call on the 7th re the speed of our BB.  A technician would then be out within 5 days of that.  With that in mind, we confirmed a move date with our existing home and new landlord.

On 1st August we got a call from someone in Cust Care advising that there had been a mess up and asking if we were with an installation on the 11th August.  We said no as we had no started paying rent and couldn't be without BB, and to put it simply, one of our jobs would be at stake!  We were advised ok no problem and the 5th would be the date.  We were told we would get a call today (4th) confirming a time for tomorrow.

As we received no call today, we contacted Customer Care and spoke with Aaron.  He said that we were down for installation on the 11th.  (this is also outside the standard 10 days quoted for new line installations)  Despite advising him of the history of what was already agreed with his colleagues, he wasn't interested and his best solution was "You can cancel the order if you want"  We asked for a supervisor but he told us that "The supervisor does not want to speak with us."

I hate to think that this is the norm in situations like this and how new customers are handled?

Now as a result of information provided by Eircom, we have signed a lease in a new home and without internet, can't work thus have potential career and job implications.  

If we had have been told this in the first place, we would have delayed moving home.  But by the end to this, we're really going to be a bind.

I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look at this for me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

time to switch to UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

faceman wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have to have to do this on a public forum but I feel I have no choice.  Have been really let down by Eircom over a new account and line installation and I'm hoping you can help us out.  We're in the process of moving house and because its necessary to work from home, Broadband availability was a key consideration when choosing to move.

On 29th July we contact Eircom about getting eFibre installed.  A helpful lady called Tony advised that someone would come out on the 5th August to install the line and then we would get a call on the 7th re the speed of our BB.  A technician would then be out within 5 days of that.  With that in mind, we confirmed a move date with our existing home and new landlord.

On 1st August we got a call from someone in Cust Care advising that there had been a mess up and asking if we were with an installation on the 11th August.  We said no as we had no started paying rent and couldn't be without BB, and to put it simply, one of our jobs would be at stake!  We were advised ok no problem and the 5th would be the date.  We were told we would get a call today (4th) confirming a time for tomorrow.

As we received no call today, we contacted Customer Care and spoke with Aaron.  He said that we were down for installation on the 11th.  (this is also outside the standard 10 days quoted for new line installations)  Despite advising him of the history of what was already agreed with his colleagues, he wasn't interested and his best solution was "You can cancel the order if you want"  We asked for a supervisor but he told us that "The supervisor does not want to speak with us."

I hate to think that this is the norm in situations like this and how new customers are handled?

Now as a result of information provided by Eircom, we have signed a lease in a new home and without internet, can't work thus have potential career and job implications.  

If we had have been told this in the first place, we would have delayed moving home.  But by the end to this, we're really going to be a bind.

I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look at this for me as soon as possible.

Thanks.
    Hi faceman

I will look in to this further if you can PM me the order reference number please?

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hi faceman

I will look in to this further if you can PM me the order reference number please?

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, sent you a PM

Hi faceman

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, sent you a PM
    Thanks for your PM faceman

I'm chasing this up and seeking an earlier date for your installation, as soon as I have more information on this I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm chasing this up and seeking an earlier date for your installation, as soon as I have more information on this I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, very much appreciate your assistance.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, very much appreciate your assistance.
    Hi faceman

Just want to keep you updated, at present I'm still awaiting clarification of an earlier appointment - as soon as I have anything I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Just as an update to this thread for anyone following.

Ordered eFibre 29th July.  Have only been given a date for a technician to come out on 22nd August.  

That's 24 days.

Just as an update to this thread for anyone following.

Ordered eFibre 29th July.  Have only been given a date for a technician to come out on 22nd August.  

That's 24 days.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi faceman

I would just like to apologise for the delays in getting back to you, I had been off for the past week & 1/2. I have been unable to arrange an earlier appointment for you due to scheduling of installation engineers however once the service is installed I will be able to arrange a rebate of one months rental for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

You couldn't make this up.  Despite been given a confirmed date of 22nd August (today) for eFibre install), I received a voicemail yesterday to advise the earliest the eFibre technician can come out to do the install is now Wednesday 27th August.

So lets recap.  I ordered eFibre on 29th July and I wont have it, assuming I'm not being lied to again, until 29 days later.  

Does anyone take responsibility in Eircom?
    Does anyone care?  Surely someone must?  Customer Care are the ones who deal with irate customers all the time.  I'm sure that's not pleasant.
    Is it normal practice to lie and mislead customers about service provision?
    Is there no working escalation process?
    If this was your family business, would you be happy to run it like this?

The mobile phone bill arrived this morning.  The cost of all the calls to Eircom has been significant.  

I've had no acknowledgement to my email complaint and I've been on to Comreg.  

I'll continue to bang my head against a brick wall and dream of highspeed broadband in a world where other service providers can do it in a matter of days.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Is UPC not available in your area. Faster Broadband and excellent customer service!

• Advertisement

You couldn't make this up.  Despite been given a confirmed date of 22nd August (today) for eFibre install), I received a voicemail yesterday to advise the earliest the eFibre technician can come out to do the install is now Wednesday 27th August.

So lets recap.  I ordered eFibre on 29th July and I wont have it, assuming I'm not being lied to again, until 29 days later.  

Does anyone take responsibility in Eircom?
    Does anyone care?  Surely someone must?  Customer Care are the ones who deal with irate customers all the time.  I'm sure that's not pleasant.
    Is it normal practice to lie and mislead customers about service provision?
    Is there no working escalation process?
    If this was your family business, would you be happy to run it like this?

The mobile phone bill arrived this morning.  The cost of all the calls to Eircom has been significant.  

I've had no acknowledgement to my email complaint and I've been on to Comreg.  

I'll continue to bang my head against a brick wall and dream of highspeed broadband in a world where other service providers can do it in a matter of days.  
    Hi faceman

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this and apologise for the level of inconvenience this is causing you. I will look in to this further to see if there is anything we can do to arrange an earlier date.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scorpio86

I am sorry to tell you, but this has come as no surprise to read this!! I booked for an installation in the middle of June which included a pole, and line to the house for phone and broadband, to date all i have to show for 4 days off work is a pole in the garden. I now have no more holiday's left to take from work and all communication with Eircom has broken down, disaster is the only way to describe this scenario. On one occasion after the pole was installed I got a call on a Friday afternoon from the technician to install the line, I happened to be on my way home so was available at the 5 mins notice to be at the house, when he arrived he said it was a 2 man job and would return on the Saturday. No sighting for another week until one Wednesday morning at work i got a call to say they were at my gate to install the line, I reminded them I had a job which meant I wasnt at home and would expect some more notice in the future. Got a call to book another appointment and booked the day off work, the morning of the appointment the technician rang to say he wouldnt come as it was a 2 man job and was only booked for 1. When I rang Eircom the guy I spoke with laughed and said why do i want two men in my house! Got another appointment for a Friday which I took off work only for, guess what, 1 guy to arrive and say it was a 2 man job! Was booked for the following Saturday as i said I could no longer take time off as I had used all my holidays, at 3.30pm on the Friday I got a call to say the job would go ahead, thats over a week ago and no call since. I explained the situation on the phone to the guy who rang to cancel and he didnt give a damn, told me to cancel the job if I wasn't happy. This has been infuriating and to make things worse even the supervisors can't seem to sort it. I dont know if this line will ever be installed to be honest, 2 months and nothing, I have never experienced anything like this and went out of my way to accomadate them so they could some and install the line but they expect that a customer can drop everything at a moments notice, I now have to work up overtime in order to get some time off over Xmas. At this point I feel so frustated I want to take a chainsaw to the new pole sat in my garden and cut the thing down and wash my hands of the whole sorry mess. It amazes me Eircom can even function judging by how incompetent they have come across. So Faceman I would urge you to make some alternative arrangements as if my experience is anything to go by you will be waiting alot longer than what they say!

Scorpio86 wrote: »
    I am sorry to tell you, but this has come as no surprise to read this!! I booked for an installation in the middle of June which included a pole, and line to the house for phone and broadband, to date all i have to show for 4 days off work is a pole in the garden. I now have no more holiday's left to take from work and all communication with Eircom has broken down, disaster is the only way to describe this scenario. On one occasion after the pole was installed I got a call on a Friday afternoon from the technician to install the line, I happened to be on my way home so was available at the 5 mins notice to be at the house, when he arrived he said it was a 2 man job and would return on the Saturday. No sighting for another week until one Wednesday morning at work i got a call to say they were at my gate to install the line, I reminded them I had a job which meant I wasnt at home and would expect some more notice in the future. Got a call to book another appointment and booked the day off work, the morning of the appointment the technician rang to say he wouldnt come as it was a 2 man job and was only booked for 1. When I rang Eircom the guy I spoke with laughed and said why do i want two men in my house! Got another appointment for a Friday which I took off work only for, guess what, 1 guy to arrive and say it was a 2 man job! Was booked for the following Saturday as i said I could no longer take time off as I had used all my holidays, at 3.30pm on the Friday I got a call to say the job would go ahead, thats over a week ago and no call since. I explained the situation on the phone to the guy who rang to cancel and he didnt give a damn, told me to cancel the job if I wasn't happy. This has been infuriating and to make things worse even the supervisors can't seem to sort it. I dont know if this line will ever be installed to be honest, 2 months and nothing, I have never experienced anything like this and went out of my way to accomadate them so they could some and install the line but they expect that a customer can drop everything at a moments notice, I now have to work up overtime in order to get some time off over Xmas. At this point I feel so frustated I want to take a chainsaw to the new pole sat in my garden and cut the thing down and wash my hands of the whole sorry mess. It amazes me Eircom can even function judging by how incompetent they have come across. So Faceman I would urge you to make some alternative arrangements as if my experience is anything to go by you will be waiting alot longer than what they say!
    Hi Scorpio86

I'm very sorry to hear of the delays and issues faced so far, if you would like to PM me your order number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement