Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddest thing you've ever seen while cycling?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

no cycling involved but i just drove past a lad out jogging wearing his heart monitor over his t-shirt.. would it even work like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Betcha it was a sleeveless t-shirt. Otherwise he would have worn it on his sleeve...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

yesterday on the coast cyclepath towards wooden bridge, a pigeon shoots out of the trees crashes off the lad in front in me and lands on the grass. You're man got some shock but kept going I went past laughing and then the pigeon swoops down on him again and flies off.
    Odd as f£$k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I purposely hit a cockroach cycling to work on queen street toronto. there was some crunch off him ; )

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Aislinn.B

Oddest thing I ever seen while cycling was the sight of myself in a car reflection as I cycled past with a rope from the seat dragging along a tractor tyre while in full winter clothes on this fine sunny morning.
    The things boxers do to make weight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Aislinn.B wrote: »
    Oddest thing I ever seen while cycling was the sight of myself in a car reflection as I cycled past with a rope from the seat dragging along a tractor tyre while in full winter clothes on this fine sunny morning.
    memo to self, never annoy Aislinn. B!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I purposely hit a cockroach cycling to work on queen street toronto. there was some crunch off him ; )
    your on the men in black's hitlist now for crimes against cockroaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Lazy people move up a class..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

gadetra wrote: »
    It's a ' don't tell your mother situation' :D

I get that, followed by telling of said mother as soon we get in the door. Mammy, guess what we just did.....

I was sitting in my wises car yesterday when I was rear ended by a cyclist, who cut across a footpath and straight into the car. No high vis, helmet crooked on her head, no acknowledgement that it was her fault or anything.

In fairness, she was only 4 and was distracted by another kid on the same street.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ThisRegard wrote: »
    In fairness, she was only 4 and was distracted by another kid on the same street.

You sir, are an Ageist.

4 or 40, you should have got out of your car and backhanded the reckless little so and so :eek: At least you got the latter part right by coming on the internet to rant about it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I get that, followed by telling of said mother as soon we get in the door. Mammy, guess what we just did.....t.

Oh no, there are things my Mother still doesn't know. We told her a few things last year and time (20 years!) had no impact on her reaction!

Reckless Lady cyclist has now set a dangerous precedent to her peers...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

My daughters new thing is to stand on the pedals with her arms in the air, fine at the moment as she still has stabilisers. The other is to run into me while I jog with her. But her confidence is enough now for me to take them off this weekend and see how we get on.

There'll be a lot more than parked cars to be crashed into. And of course no wife will be told of the mayhem during the learning process, at least not by by me anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Aislinn.B

rizzodun wrote: »
    Lazy people move up a class..

What do you mean

What do you mean

Just joking

I mean you must be trying to keep your weight down, fair play, but sounds like a hell of a lot of effort, if it we're me I'd prob just move up a weight class (and get pummeled of course!) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

The power of google!! All I had to do was search 'Thomastown fox man' and load of hits came up from different newspaper articles ! Reassuring that I was seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

no cycling involved but i just drove past a lad out jogging wearing his heart monitor over his t-shirt.. would it even work like that?

Yes, once the t-shirt is wet and in contact with skin it will still get the impulses through. It's often a strategy for people with sensitive skin or who get contact rashes from chafing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was heading up Kilakee this morning and flying down the hill on the other side of the road was a lad on a bike with his right hand on the handlebars and his dog in the other hand. The dog looked to be about the size of a cocker spaniel.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Was going to put this in the sticky, but might be a chance to resurrect this thread.

Just left work and saw a woman cycle up the luas tracks with a circa 3 foot high potted plant/sapling in her front carrier basket.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Was going to put this in the sticky, but might be a chance to resurrect this thread.

Just left work and saw a woman cycle up the luas tracks with a circa 3 foot high potted plant/sapling in her front carrier basket.

She must be mad in the hedge!

I'll get me coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rizzodun wrote: »
    She must be mad in the hedge!
    If she sticks a wheel in the Luas track it'll definitely flora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Lumen wrote: »
    If she sticks a wheel in the Luas track it'll definitely flora.

Faceplant?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

OldBean wrote: »
    Faceplant?

FacePalm surely

Maybe she's branching out into plant deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

Or she's Specialized in Roses

If she can't see properly she could carrera into someone...

My last pun, honest.

Advertisement