Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tyres - Local fitter?

Options
  • 04-08-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all, can anyone recommend somewhere localwho is good both with regards to quality and price??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Davis Bros. on Eden Rd. (Turn right after the wine shop on La Touché Place)
    Clive Davis is very obliging and I found their prices very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Eamon Byrne, 1st on LHS as you enter the industrial park after kilcoole , coming from kilcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 36 IrishDerbyfan

I'm in the trade but don't work nearby. Bigger is not always better. Advance are dear,so avoid. Theres a spot on Boghall road Bray, he's ok. JD Tyres will come to your house and fit from his van, he is also good. Wicklow \tyres in Wicklow town will have the best range and probably best deal. Get your tyre size off the sidewall and ring around. In terms of quality, you get what you pay for. The big brands are household names for a reason . Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop, Continental are the premiums. Firestone, Hankook, Semperit, Uniroyal are on the verges. After that, lads will tell you, this is Bongo, it's made by Michelin, For the most part, ignore and stay with the brands you know and trust. And don't buy part worn tyres.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Have used Wicklow Tyres for the past few years no problems, they used to have a premises in Kilcoole but that closed, so The Murrough in Wicklow there honest explained how to check tyre condition and the fact i didnt need new tyres yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Not local but if you really want to save money you can buy online at (free delivery too):

http://www.oponeo.ie/

My local garage in this area sent me to Cabinteely Tyres before. I was skint and he was trying to help me out sending me there. Great value and really nice bloke. He does 2nd hand too but I got 2 new front tyres fitted for 120 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Rory McCann, McHire, 'abattoir centre' bottom of Applewood Heights..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

JanneG, I last used Brady Bros. Tyres in Arklow (it was convenient as I was passing). Found their price to be about 10euro per tyre cheaper than Wicklow Tyre Services - so a saving of 40euro for all four corners on the mid-range tyre.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    JanneG, I last used Brady Bros. Tyres in Arklow (it was convenient as I was passing). Found their price to be about 10euro per tyre cheaper than Wicklow Tyre Services - so a saving of 40euro for all four corners on the mid-range tyre.
    Curious what a ''mid range'' tyre was?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you must know...Avons. Exact same tyre priced in both places. WTS are priced well - Just found them cheaper further down the road. :)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Not local but if you really want to save money you can buy online at (free delivery too):

http://www.oponeo.ie/

My local garage in this area sent me to Cabinteely Tyres before. I was skint and he was trying to help me out sending me there. Great value and really nice bloke. He does 2nd hand too but I got 2 new front tyres fitted for 120 euro.

But what would a garage charge you to fit tyres that they didn't supply? You have to factor that charge into overall price of tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    But what would a garage charge you to fit tyres that they didn't supply? You have to factor that charge into overall price of tyres.

Well John .... :P .... I normally am not charged.

:D

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Usually 20-25 a tyre. There is not great saving buying online unless you can fit and balance yourself.

Advertisement