Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit balance on closed account

Options
  • 04-08-2014 7:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I closed my electricity account as we moved out of rented accommodation.

Due to estimated meter readings, the final bill is a credit amount to bring it in line with the actual meter reading. As my account is closed, can I get this refunded to my bank account, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Timbuk2,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, we can organise to have the credit refunded to you. If you were paying by direct debit, an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) can be arranged; if you were paying in the post office or by any other means, a cheque refund can be posted out to you.

If you can send us your account details by private message, including your full name, address, account number and contact number or date of birth, we can look into this for you. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement