Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway courier franchise!!

Options
  • 04-08-2014 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

I know this has come up before with not so good results. I'm a college student and could do with a few pound every week. Where I go to college and the surrounding area, there is a fastway franchise for sale.

Im just wondering how the whole thing works?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Its a full time job. You need to buy the area from fastway at a cost of thousands. You need to provide your own transport. There is no guarantee you will make a profit. You have to set up as a sole trader and are responsible for sorting out your own tax ect.

All in all its not for you I would say. I admire your ambition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

lucky john wrote: »
    Its a full time job. You need to buy the area from fastway at a cost of thousands. You need to provide your own transport. There is no guarantee you will make a profit. You have to set up as a sole trader and are responsible for sorting out your own tax ect.

All in all its not for you I would say. I admire your ambition though.

I checked this out and found similar..
    If your lucky and the population density in your area is high then you may make a living by working hard and long hours... But the model doesn't seem to allow for paying a driver to cover for holidays etc..
    I read on another thread that for average areas that when all is taken into account the rates are below minimum wage.. bit like farming ;)

Advertisement