Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom fibre for direct to exchange news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mailsanchu

yuloni wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I asked comreg by email about evdsl and they sent me this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Be interested to know when you got the email also. There was objections from other providers some time back. As far as i know it had to do with vectoring in the exchange affecting the other providers. Unbelievable that instead of the other providers encouraging higher speeds and new technology being available, they object.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ClonNGB

Anybody here getting evdsl from one of those 50 exchages?

sparky63 wrote: »
    Be interested to know when you got the email also. There was objections from other providers some time back. As far as i know it had to do with vectoring in the exchange affecting the other providers. Unbelievable that instead of the other providers encouraging higher speeds and new technology being available, they object.

i emailed them on 24th march and they replied on april 9th(3 days ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Well i am moving home in 2 months due to this cock up. Really dont want to move away from leafy Macroom , but I am forced back into the city , The not too far but remote country side is not ready for me to live in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

{"aaa":"1217021","ccb":"E01","eee":"BSE","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"70M_20M_R","maxNGB":"1M_128K_RAHH","maxNRA":"43M_16M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"NGNBMB8M","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"090-96xxxxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

This is the prequal result for a pub beside the exchange in Ballinasloe. It's showing as connected to the E01 exchange based 'cab' with a max 70_20 profile. It's passing the test on the eircom BB website and can be ordered now.

Showing a max available speed on vodafone checker at 66.76MB

Strangely it's showing a very low profile rating for standard DSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

70_20 is the logical cap, its the limit pre vectoring. Dunno where mass is getting the 50Mb figure in the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ED E wrote: »
    70_20 is the logical cap, its the limit pre vectoring. Dunno where mass is getting the 50Mb figure in the other thread.

It's the highest rate adaptive profile available, trust me, I'm seeing this first hand ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭domeld

from eircom ug:

FCBPP - 43M_16M_FR
    FCBPP - 70M_20M_R
    FCBPS - 43M_16M_FR
    FCBPS - 70M_20M_R
    IPCONECT - 1M_128K_RH
    NGNBMB8M - 1M_128K_RAHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hibrasil wrote: »
    My local exchange has recently "gone green" on fibrerollout.ie with note that 6630 premises in this exchange can access up to 100Mb broadband.

This week I noticed a contractor with a large reel of cable working at a cabinet and on checking yesterday i discovered a second cabinet has appeared at that location. Anybody hazard a guess as to why this second cabinet has appeared or it's significance structurally.

New cabinet is one on the left of the pic below (at least I hope the pic is below and OK).

That new cabinet is for VDSL and has nothing to do with this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

deffo an error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That map is clearly wrong ..... unfortunately :(

I have never taken that map being anywhere close to realistic for example the whole of macroom is green but less than half can avail due to DF .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Seems like an error as an area near me has disappeared but appears on the whenandwhere map. Bet they come back in another colour at some point....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Just to throw in my 2 cents. After I've entered my apartment number into their address checker today, it says now I'm in fibre enabled area. I know for fact I'm connected to main exchange in Carrick on Shannon town (previous eircom technician confirmed this for me). So after I rang the eircom sales department, I got the confirmation it's really available for me now. I was told the starting date rollout is 6th of May, my appointment with a technician is planned for the 11th of May. Signed a new 18 month contract straight away, it starts to be valid from the day of upgrade connection.

Tbh, I barely expected to see eircom to upgrade me to their efibre plan before the end of this year, but it looks like I was wrong. Still, I'll believe it when I see it!

Atm I'm on the 20mb/s download and 1mb/s upload, especially the upload speeds are tragic right now. I was promised speeds of up to 70mb/s down and up to 20mb/s up, so I'll have to wait for the real speed tests yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The map is not showing now for me ...... maybe they pulled it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

The map is not showing now for me ...... maybe they pulled it ;)

It's there for me. You have to scroll down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'd say the map is in the process of being updated. Lots of exchanges in Mayo/Roscommon/Leitrim have fibre gear in them ready to roll. I've been told by an Eircom engineer fitting an exchange that they cannot sell on them straight away, something about the regulator making them let the opposition providers have a chance to sell as well, so a deadline is set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I've been told by an Eircom engineer fitting an exchange that they cannot sell on them straight away, something about the regulator making them let the opposition providers have a chance to sell as well, so a deadline is set.

I have heard from a person for a small telecoms company that comreg have only allowed a partial launch of VDSL from the exchange....only lines that don't share cables with cabinets or something like that. If that makes sense. It seems that the full launch has been held up by one company who have done everything in their power over that last year to stop it. Not sure the reason why but comreg supposedly had to get in consultants from europe but still no progress.

I'd say the map is in the process of being updated. Lots of exchanges in Mayo/Roscommon/Leitrim have fibre gear in them ready to roll. I've been told by an Eircom engineer fitting an exchange that they cannot sell on them straight away, something about the regulator making them let the opposition providers have a chance to sell as well, so a deadline is set.

Same arrangement with the VDSL cabs. Once they're commissioned and ready to go, Eircom Wholesale have to notify the OLO's, then Eircom Retail can do nothing for a month while the others get their ass in gear.

• Advertisement

Sky I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Sky I'd say.

Why though? Sky can sell eVDSL same as they're selling cVDSL now.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Sky I'd say.

I have told it is BT who is opposing it. I am not sure the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mailsanchu wrote: »
    I have told it is BT who is opposing it. I am not sure the reason.

BT have a lot of unbundled lines, but AFAIK they don't offer a domestic service anymore (they sold that part of their business to Vodafone). Would eVDSL adversely affect their unbundled lines?

• Advertisement

Get Enda in there , with the recent spate of national "patch work that dodgy road" leading in and out of our most populated area's, pre elections. Maybe Gov and the NBP can kick some arse's lolz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

This delay for evdsl is becoming fairly intolerable. It's not fair on consumers as everyone knows it will eventually launch properly. I work in one of the biggest industrial estates in Dublin and I still can't get decent connectivity without selling my first born. Any parties contributing to the delay should be named & shamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

loyatemu wrote: »
    BT have a lot of unbundled lines, but AFAIK they don't offer a domestic service anymore (they sold that part of their business to Vodafone). Would eVDSL adversely affect their unbundled lines?
    Presumably BT's investment cost some money and they would be able to hold onto more of Vodafone's business if more customers are served by BT's ADSL2+ DSLAMs than would be the case if eircom finally installed VDSL2 inside. I suppose irrespective of recouping investment costs, BT want to make even more money if possible.

Praetorian wrote: »
    This delay for evdsl is becoming fairly intolerable. It's not fair on consumers as everyone knows it will eventually launch properly. I work in one of the biggest industrial estates in Dublin and I still can't get decent connectivity without selling my first born. Any parties contributing to the delay should be named & shamed.

Well i am in Macroom and i have to move , waited over a year in the bloody place, as Eircoms site map says its live for the last 12 months . West macroom is due to be completed Jan 2016 no good im off thanks for all the fish, back to a real provider like UPC or even possibly ESB when it lands. Cannot believe the crap i have had to put up with , banned from eircom support forums for stating the obvious on the business acumen they uphold and contract ends in 2 months im going to piss on that router they sent - ( Never used) .

I have to relocate, when right outside my door literally two feet away lies a triple grated duct that i could have been on fiber to the home as test user , but no Eircom dont want to know. In Macrooms case its unfortunate really as they upgraded to NGB recently and that put macroom on the back foot as most are happy with the service improvements from that move. ( The duct serves as a fiber hub already for the towns green cabinets dotted around, I got a look inside it the other day as one tech was chest deep inside it working away)

I am pissed off with it all to be honest and my avoidance of eircom for the last 10 years will be re-bolstered by all of this , everyone who asks me about broadband I will sadly divert them away from eircom. ( always have done anyway)

Possibly unfair attitude on my behalf , but fool me once ............ cold blank George W stare .............

(I Live on the mainstreet itself not west macroom.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hackery

It's extremely frustrating. I too have a directly connected line. It is crazy that this has been allowed to drag on so long. As I understand it eircom have been ready to go on this for over a year but red tape has stopped it.

^^^
    Who'd have thought Eircom are now the 'good' guys :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Oh FFS. Now my area is All Green and good to go (previously Jan-Jun 2016 and formerly Oct-Dec 2015).

From my village it would have to be eVDSL, but as I reside a coupla meters shy of 2KM I won't ever see anything daycent. I'll talk to my friendly Eircom linesman to see if the exchange has indeed had the work done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

So almost the entire south east is fibre enabled or is it a mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Id say thats a mistake everywhere is green on the coverage map except for where I live haha

Manc Red wrote: »
    So almost the entire south east is fibre enabled or is it a mistake?

The retail map was useless anyways, just follow the wholesale map.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure this is a new thing. I noticed my local exchange was WSEA enabled back in 2012 and I don't see any changes on that map around my area that weren't already present.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78332326&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

{"aaa":"752068","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"045-525xxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

I believe I am direct fed to exchange in Monasterevin Co Kildare, somewhere between 600 and 800 metres from the exchange, Can any one interpret this for me please.. I have been told by a local engineer that work has been going on in the Exchange to help direct fed customers.

ROS123 wrote: »
    {"aaa":"752068","xbc":true,"xec":true,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":false,"ingb":true,"maxNGB":"20M_768K_RH","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","phone":"045-525xxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}

I believe I am direct fed to exchange in Monasterevin Co Kildare, somewhere between 600 and 800 metres from the exchange, Can any one interpret this for me please.. I have been told by a local engineer that work has been going on in the Exchange to help direct fed customers.

The bit in bold is the important bit. Fail for fibre.

At that range its likely because the racks havent been commissioned yet. Whats the exchange?

EDIT: Doh, you already said.

MVN1_E01 is only planned, no date, not blue(in progress). When it goes ahead itll go green and your line should prequal. Its not on the leaked list here, so you're still part of the regulatory quarrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Thank you....

ROS123 wrote: »

What does this mean? Where do you get that info?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind. Worked it out.

Advertisement