If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for cheap 32-37" tv

Options
  • 04-08-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

hi guys. looking for literally the or one of the cheapest tvs available between 32-37"..preferably bigger than 32". its for my mum and she wont use it for gaming, smart features or even hdtv. just normal cable tv. maybe the odd movie from a usb stick.

would need it dleivered to dublin also. any reccomendations? we know you cant expect much from the lowest priced tvs but as long as she can watch eastenders, that would be handy :D

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/blaupunkt/32-147/blau-32-141i

that one looks handy but it says its only available in store so thats out of the question :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

actually she is looking for a 37"+ tv and powercity here have a 40" for 300 euro. do yous have any cheaper?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/blaupunkt/40-148/blau-40-148

this tv seems suitable. how do i get the VIP discount?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MarkY91 wrote: »

Hi MarkY91.

We are currently out of stock on this screen but could have one ordered in for to arrive this Friday in Belfast.

Delivery on this screen would come in at £20.

To get the VIP discount just sign up to our VIP Club:
    http://www.richersounds.com/vip

Then drop us your email address in a PM.

Let me know what you think.

Hi MarkY91.

We are currently out of stock on this screen but could have one ordered in for to arrive this Friday in Belfast.

Delivery on this screen would come in at £20.

To get the VIP discount just sign up to our VIP Club:
    http://www.richersounds.com/vip

Then drop us your email address in a PM.

how long would it take to get it if sent on friday? could i get a price in euro including delivery? were looking to pay soon

could you order it and then tell me how to pay guys

• Advertisement

Hi MarkY91.

If we dispatched the screen on Friday it would arrive the following Monday.

Total in euros would be around 324.99 Euro. We work of a rate of .77.
    However if we charge in sterling, your own bank will do the conversion at the rate on the day.

If you want to drop me your contact number in a PM or you can call us on 0044 333 900 0070.

Hi MarkY91.

However if we charge in sterling, your own bank will do the conversion at the rate on the day.

If you want to drop me your contact number in a PM or you can call us on 0044 333 900 0070.
    thats fine. is that including the vip discount or? ill pm you now

Hi MarkY91.

thats fine. is that including the vip discount or? ill pm you now
    Hey MarkY91.

The Euro price above is worked out at £229.95 for the screen (VIP Price) and £20 for the shipping £249.95.

got the tv today guys. the sound is really bad. hard to explain but its just not watchable on a reasonably high volume

got the tv today guys. the sound is really bad. hard to explain but its just not watchable on a reasonably high volume
    Hi MarkY91.

Most slim TV's now do come with inferior sound unfortunately. As the screen get slimmer the space for speakers decreases.

However in saying that does it sound like there is a fault with the sound on the television? How high a volume are we talking before it becomes un-watchable?

Due to the increasing bad quality for TV speakers some people opt for the soundbar route. 

• Advertisement

Hi MarkY91.

Most slim TV's now do come with inferior sound unfortunately. As the screen get slimmer the space for speakers decreases.

However in saying that does it sound like there is a fault with the sound on the television? How high a volume are we talking before it becomes un-watchable?

Due to the increasing bad quality for TV speakers some people opt for the soundbar route. 
    about 45 volume. peoples voices just emit a weird sound and i can feel that sound while touching the speakers

when its up loud. its as if the left speaker is kind of vibrating or shaking. the right side seems to have none of the sound coming from it. it happens when people talk sometimes

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

when its up loud. its as if the left speaker is kind of vibrating or shaking. the right side seems to have none of the sound coming from it. it happens when people talk sometimes
    Mark,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - on budget flat TV's the sound can sometimes be poor especially when they are being driven towards or over half way - unfortunately this is for (at least) 2 reasons:

1. They are budget TV and most of the investment goes into the picture quality as this is what makes people purchase them in-store and:
    2. There really isn't a lot of space inside these flat screens to fit decent speakers and (almost) without exception we recommend that Customer invest in a decent Audio system or soundbar to enhance the sound.

...However if you think the TV is actually faulty, no problem popping it back to us or if you would like a 2nd opinion I know one of our guys is around your area early next week and could pop in and check it out for you free of charge?

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Mark,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - on budget flat TV's the sound can sometimes be poor especially when they are being driven towards or over half way - unfortunately this is for (at least) 2 reasons:

1. They are budget TV and most of the investment goes into the picture quality as this is what makes people purchase them in-store and:
    2. There really isn't a lot of space inside these flat screens to fit decent speakers and (almost) without exception we recommend that Customer invest in a decent Audio system or soundbar to enhance the sound.

...However if you think the TV is actually faulty, no problem popping it back to us or if you would like a 2nd opinion I know one of our guys is around your area early next week and could pop in and check it out for you free of charge?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

we are going to get a cheap soundbar for it. thanks for the great service. this tv has a 3.5mm audio jack right? thats needed for the soundbar

Mark,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

we are going to get a cheap soundbar for it. thanks for the great service. this tv has a 3.5mm audio jack right? thats needed for the soundbar
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The Blaupunkt has a headphone outout, and a coax as well.  Your best bet would be to use the coax output for sound.  Most soundbars will offer a coax input so you'll be grand :)

You should have a look at the Wharfdale Vista 100 soundbar.  It comes in at £149.00 and comes with a coax input.   It also has Bluetooth so you can stream music from a tablet or phone to the soundbar without any cables:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/wharfedale/vista-100/whar-vista-100

Chris

http://www.did.ie/4ife-soundbar-with-bluetooth-sbar-bt-prd

would that soundbar work john? can get one 2nd hand for 50 euro

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

http://www.did.ie/4ife-soundbar-with-bluetooth-sbar-bt-prd

would that soundbar work john? can get one 2nd hand for 50 euro
    Mark,

its not one we stock but I'm pretty sure it will - I have heard of it though and I know its not expensive and at €50 sounds like a bit of a deal - make sure its a later model as the early ones had a small auto sensing issue that meant that they could shut down automatically.

Thanks again and keep us posted to tell us how you got on,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.