Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cohabiting couple v single mothers

• 04-08-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would like to know all the different types of benefits for each,

both on jsa
    cohabiting couple with one child gets _____________ weekly rate for all 3

single mother with one child gets ____________weekly rate for the 2

Also what other benefits does a single mother get i know theres childcare but is there more.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's no childcare benefit for a single mother...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 doctorwho2014

awh ok i just assumed there would be my bad

Say there is a couple both of which are on jsa
    one on 100 euro haveing the child
    one on 188 euro

then they have a child what happens to there claims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

One person could claim full job seekers 188, plus qualified adult 130(?? 136 is ringing in my head probably less) and qualified child is €29.60

awh right so that be about 355 total give or take a few euro

so single mothers is around the 220 mark i think ,for the one child

and say the father is still on the 188 thats 408 give or take a euro if ya add them - 50 or so from the father for maintenance brings the total to the 350 again give or take a euro i know this does sound like defrauding but im only doing the maths tbh,

Are there any other benefits to being a single mother than to a couple and im only talking about social welfare benefits ?
    I have read quite a bit online but havent found anything that is clearcut for the difference between the 2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement