Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warm weather

Options
  • 04-08-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I have a st peters brew kit ready to brew. Is it safe to brew now with warm weather supposedly on the way? I dont have fermenting chamber and the house temp is 23degrees at the minute but that will rise soon. should i wait for colder weather in september? I also have canadian blonde ready to brew.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not ideal, but will probably be fine. Wrap a wet towel around the fermenter if you want to cool it slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

It is most important for it to be cool when you pitch.

Make a 'swamp chiller' if you can. it will drop the temperature by about 5-7C from the ambient.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dukeellington

I've found the weather to be a help, so long as you can get your wort cool enough to pitch. I'm brewing with WLP545, which has an optimum range of 18-22C. Put it in the bath and filled it, kept everything at almost exactly 21 for a full week, and prevents temperature swings between day and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Put it in the bath and filled it, kept everything at almost exactly 21 for a full week, and prevents temperature swings between day and night.

Interesting move.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dukeellington

Worked brilliant took my Belgian Quad from 1.094 to 1.005 in seven days

• Advertisement
Advertisement