Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bag do you use in college

Options
  • 05-08-2014 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What bag do you use ?
    Do you need a bag. I'm starting in september and im clueless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

You can use whatever bag you want!
    I usually just had a big handbag, but then again I rarely ever carried books, just pens and paper. Typical Arts student.
    Most students would have a regular school bag or laptop case; totally depends on what you need to bring in with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

Just any regular school bag will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I have a Eastpak rucksack, nice big handles for my back. Personally I'd always get a rucksack, college textbooks can be seriously heavy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Under no circumstances get a michael kors totebag . They look ridiculous as a college bag. Just get a regular looking rucksack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I have a Eastpak rucksack, nice big handles for my back. Personally I'd always get a rucksack, college textbooks can be seriously heavy!
    Whereabouts did you pick one up? Ive just a regular schooltype bag and i found the backing on it was too flimsy, I need one with a hard back and larger straps, a lot to carry in, laptop, a4 pads etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

gline wrote: »
    Whereabouts did you pick one up? Ive just a regular schooltype bag and i found the backing on it was too flimsy, I need one with a hard back and larger straps, a lot to carry in, laptop, a4 pads etc.

That was similar to my criteria, I got mine in Lifestyle Sports, they usually have some offers on this time of year, I think it was €29.99. I know some people go to Penneys, but for bags (and shoes for that matter), you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I picked up a black Jansport backpack in TK Maxx for about 29 euro a few years ago for college (I think it's the Jansport Trinity). Has a laptop section in the back/main compartment which was the only criteria I had at the time. I'm doing a science-based course so I have had books, notebooks, my laptop, pens and other bits and pieces some days to lug around.

Also picked up a leather satchel, as being a girl, carrying the backpack around every day wasn't very glamorous :o

Advertisement