Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how would I?

• 05-08-2014 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Right, I did LCA in school and have went and got a fetac level 5 certificate which is the minimum requirment to join the Gardai. However, I still ned 2 languages which would be english, irish or any foreign language. How could I get those certs? or what certs would I need? considering I never done leavin cert in the first place..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

dublin mate..

http://www.cdetb.ie/Student-Supports/Adult-Education-Guidance-Service.aspx

Pop in to whichever of these is closest to you. They work out of colleges in Crumlin, Ballymun, Finglas, and city centre. They're a mine of information, they're happy to help, and they're free.

Best of luck with it.

Great link mate thanks, would you know I could just do my leaving cert in english and irish?

carzony wrote: »
    Great link mate thanks, would you know I could just do my leaving cert in english and irish?

Yep. The pass is the pass. You're not using the results for CAO points. Those guidance folks will be able to tell you what is required by the guards in term of qualifications though. There may be alternatives available that can be assessed as a LC equivalent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, you can do your LC in any number of subjects you want.

Do you know what credits you got for Communications and the two other languages in your LCA?

spurious wrote: »
    Yes, you can do your LC in any number of subjects you want.

Do you know what credits you got for Communications and the two other languages in your LCA?

I don't remember doing a language in LCA.. It won't make any difference anyway. LCA has been ruled out so I might give them a ring and check out my options..

Advertisement