Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus problem

Options
  • 05-08-2014 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in a taxi across dublin on my start to a new job. Id planned to get the bus, but the thing vanished into thin air. I had used the dublin bus app which said the bus was twenty mins away, only to suddenly see it jump to due.

I don't mind dublin bus at all. Think it's a decent service, but im depending on it from now on.

Any tips or reasons for why this happens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Tips? Arrange alternative transport when possible. Reasons? Well that's just Dublin Bus. They do what they like. You could try making a complaint or asking why every time it happens but you won't get any answers. Find any alternative route you can take, so you know your options when it happens again.

Actually I do have a tip - Monday /the first day of the week, especially when it's raining means the buses will be worse. Way worse. Oh and allow loads of extra time for when the schools are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

you should also expect a bus to go smoothly from 10 mins away to DUE, and not actually ever appear.....That's one of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Or when a bus appears out nowhere that wasn't even due on the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There can be issues such as the following:

A bus will disappear temporarily from the RTPI when there is a driver change en route, while the first driver signs off and the new driver signs on.

A bus may not appear on RTPI due to defective GPS equipment or being an unscheduled extra service - this is because the system works by reading from an individual schedule that has been prepared for every single departure.

It is always worth still checking the timetable as well as RTPI.

There can be issues with curtailed services - where a bus is curtailed to work only half its normal route (usually due to operational reasons), it will still appear on the on-street RTPI as serving the entire route, but will be shown correctly on the app as only operating to a certain point - this seems to be a system issue with the on-street equipment.

From the sounds of the OP's issue, it sounds like the first issue - what route was it do you mind me asking, and where did it happen?

• Advertisement
Advertisement