Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Charges from Eircom, despite me informing them that I was cancelling it

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,
    I signed up for Eircom broadband last October. It took them 4 months to provide the service. I had set up a direct debit intially and in total Eircom charged me close to €200 without providing service. I spent those 4 months chasing Eircom to supply the service. I spent a lot of time on 1901 waiting in queues, being passed from one department to another having to repeat my story over and over. Each time I got off the phone after being assured I would receive broadband service! It never happened. Sometimes while on the phone to Eircom I would be in a queue for 20 minutes or more only for the line to go dead. Extremely frustrating.
    I cancelled by direct debit with my bank in January; as far as I was concerned Eircom weren't getting another penny until I got the service I asked for in October 2013.
    Finally, I got speaking to a Team leader on one particular phone call in January (and after being fobbed off again by a couple of customer care reps on the phone). She was apologetic and offered a credit of €50 to be applied to my account (a lot less than what they had charged to date). They finally switched on broadand at the start of February. But it did not work!
    It took 3 weeks to have the fault on the line repaired, and of course Eircom billed my during that time. (surely I was due a credit again?) I paid the bills using Visa/Laser cards. From February onwards I had a €15 invalid payment fee on each of my bills. I queried this (using the online customer care email) to be told that this was because I had a DD set up and that Eircom applies for these funds and when they are not available a fee in incurred. The lady informed me of a PO box address in Clonakility Cork where I need to send a letter to Eircom informing them that I was cancelling the DD. I posted a letter at the start of June. However the bills are still coming with the €15 fee. Once again I contacted Customer care, to be told that they did not receive any letter. I think this is outrageous! I repeatedly told them that I sent a letter already but it seems that they are expecting yet another letter... How many times do I need to do this?

I am totally bewildered by Eircom, I wish I never signed up to them last October. The service and customer service is unbelievable!

I was going to write a letter of complaint but I see from the Eircom site that there is no postal address available, so I found this forum and thought it might be worth a shot.

Is there any possibility that someone in Eircom could look at this, as I am not paying the €15 on my current or indeed on any future bills? These fees could well pile up...

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

Hi,
    Any response for me????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sin1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hello Sin1981

I'm very sorry to hear of this disappointing experience and apologise for the re-occurring direct debit charge issues. Can you please PM me your eircom account number? I will look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭cons80

Hi,
     I had a similar experience with eircom , I found that there operators are not very good to deal with to say the least. disgraceful is what I would say and move as soon as possible because if you think your having problems now. All they want is for you to sign up and take your money. some of there staff even just hang up on you after transferring you for half hour to different departments.

Hi,

Hello Sin1981

I'm very sorry to hear of this disappointing experience and apologise for the re-occurring direct debit charge issues. Can you please PM me your eircom account number? I will look in to this further for you.

Many thanks
    Al
    Thanks for you PM Sin1981

I'll follow this up and get back as soon as possible

Al

It's been two weeks now and I've heard nothing from Eircom!
    Any update please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Any update please?
    It's a Sepa direct debit so your bank is obliged to give you the money back.
    That is the law.
    Cancel the DD ,inform your bank that money was taken in error ,request the refund and let your bank deal with Eircom.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/YourRightsasaPayer

whitebriar wrote: »
    Any update please?
    That is the law.
    Cancel the DD ,inform your bank that money was taken in error ,request the refund and let your bank deal with Eircom.

thanks whitebrair, I've already cancelled the DD, so  just need Eircom to rectify it from their side and stop billing me for it.

whitebriar wrote: »
    Any update please?
    That is the law.

thanks whitebrair, I've already cancelled the DD, so  just need Eircom to rectify it from their side and stop billing me for it.
    Hi Sin1981,

I'm very sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I've looked into this for you and can confirm that the direct debit has been cancelled from our side and also a credit of €127.70 has been applied to your account the 13/08 for the invalid payment fees and the downtime in service. A case was logged under ref - 1524659 and an agent states that a call back was made on this date.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,
    Thanks for that.
    One last thing - when I try to log in to MyEircom, my account doesn't not appear to be up do date, the last bill I see is December 2013.  No subsequent bills are up there.  Can sombody look at this, reset it in some way?

thanks

Hi Al,
    Thanks for that.
    One last thing - when I try to log in to MyEircom, my account doesn't not appear to be up do date, the last bill I see is December 2013.  No subsequent bills are up there.  Can sombody look at this, reset it in some way?

thanks
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]Sin1981

I have noticed that there have been some issues with this but luckily I've found a way how to help.

The only way this can be resolved is by de-activating the existing online login and then creating a new online account.

To do this you would need to email your details (ac number - name on account - mobile contact number - email address currently registered) to webmaster@eircom.net

webmaster will then de-activate the existing login in  a couple of days and email you when it is done.

When you get confirmation of this being done you would then create a new login by clicking on sign up.

Thanks[/font]

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 oets41

i have the same problem. but still no address for the cancelling of the direct debit. anybody know what the address is  ???? 

Advertisement