Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 5th Aug 21:00 COLM BNYMELLON

• 05-08-2014 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - Work
    Cillian - in
    Conor - out
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - in
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - Out
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    SteK - out
    SteMcd
    Julius - in
    Dave - in
    Clay - In

New Players

Pudsy - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads,

i got a kick on the Ankle last night and cant walk on it this morning so im out. should be too serious just bruised for a couple of days.

best of luck. have ye a chance of getting another keeper by the way?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

waiting on Clay, if he cant play i'll jump in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

lads,

i got a kick on the Ankle last night and cant walk on it this morning so im out. should be too serious just bruised for a couple of days.

best of luck. have ye a chance of getting another keeper by the way?
    Jaysus yav had no luck on the injuries this season have ya

mrDerek wrote: »
    Jaysus yav had no luck on the injuries this season have ya

nope! this is only a kick however so its nothing major, theres nothing broken.

hope to be back running by end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

score?

Do u really want to know?

2-7
    It was a bit ridiculous.

At least we scored...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cheers for the game lads. Sorry I couldn't contribute more, but I enjoyed the experience. I'm obviously a fair bit off the pace but I'll get back into the swing of things soon. I appreciate the opportunity!

• Advertisement

At least we scored...

We were 2-1 up at one point and it was 2-2 at half time. Then it all went to hell.
    Not sure anyone can explain what happened in those 15 mins after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mousewar wrote: »
    We were 2-1 up at one point and it was 2-2 at half time. Then it all went to hell.
    Not sure anyone can explain what happened in those 15 mins after the break.

3-2 down at the half. 4 goals in the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half.

3-2 down at the half. 4 goals in the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half.

something like that has happened 2 times already this season i think - the first game against these guys and the cup night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

something like that has happened 2 times already this season i think - the first game against these guys and the cup night.

I wouldn't read TOO much into it, we started well but we tried a 4-3-3 and it didn't quite work out, we were a little bit exposed at the back at times with their pace and there was a big gap between the middle and defence as we were playing high up from middle to front and deep with the back 4. When we went 4-4-2 we looked better and stronger and Derek had more support.

Robbing Peter from Rocco and playing him up front with Derek in a 4-4-2 would be ideal. Peter is very good and taking it in and doing the really really simple things well and the fact hes 6'7 and built like a ****ing house means he wins EVERYTHING it would take some pressure off Derek and allow him to do his thing with finishing. Ed as you already said you should have a word.

Lets just try and use the next 1 / 2 games (how many are left) to try a few things, if it doesn't work so be it but at least we can try a few things that may help us next season.

We probably need some strength in numbers as we seem to be very light some weeks, if everyone can put the word out. I also think we should be looking at people who can be vouched for not just randoms :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I wouldn't read TOO much into it, we started well but we tried a 4-3-3 and it didn't quite work out, we were a little bit exposed at the back at times with their pace and there was a big gap between the middle and defence as we were playing high up from middle to front and deep with the back 4. When we went 4-4-2 we looked better and stronger and Derek had more support.

Robbing Peter from Rocco and playing him up front with Derek in a 4-4-2 would be ideal. Peter is very good and taking it in and doing the really really simple things well and the fact hes 6'7 and built like a ****ing house means he wins EVERYTHING it would take some pressure off Derek and allow him to do his thing with finishing. Ed as you already said you should have a word.

Lets just try and use the next 1 / 2 games (how many are left) to try a few things, if it doesn't work so be it but at least we can try a few things that may help us next season.

We probably need some strength in numbers as we seem to be very light some weeks, if everyone can put the word out. I also think we should be looking at people who can be vouched for not just randoms :)

Agree that these final games are all about trying things and looking at new systems and players to build on for next season. That said, last night was horrible. My passing radar was well off last night (I'd rarely look for excuses but I for one definitely struggled with the jersey clash and the dark lighting in several spots of the pitch and think it affected others due to the uncharacteristic amount of simple passes that went straight to the opposition), but across the board there was something just off about us. Darren's right about the game getting stretched with a big gap between our defence, midfield and attack, Derek really was living off scraps up front.

Sometimes you just have a horrible day at the office and last night was one of those, compounded by it happening against a team with some excellent attackers in clinical form.

Natural enough for momentum to drop off in the last few games since we've known we were out of contention for the league, but it'd be misleading to judge ourselves based on that, while we were still in contention we were fully applying ourselves in games and were very competitive, that's a better reflection of where we're really at heading into next season. 3 or 4 quality new players would prevent us being short on numbers like we've been many times this season and give us options to get back to winning the league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

wic.gif

Advertisement