Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Idea what this plant is and what can be done to bring it back to health

• 05-08-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Was given this last week as I have a habit of being able to get plants and trees growing well, but as I don't know what it is, I am not sure if it should be getting much water and light and if I should be giving it anything specific to get it back to life.

I have already put it in a bigger pot than it was in.

Any Ideas?

It is about 7ft tall.

21oehz.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Looks like it may possibly be Dracena deremensis.

As with a lot of 'exotic' indoor plants it needs humidity, light and regular watering. The link should provide more info on care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have one of those, it regularly dies when i forget to water it, but it will come on if it is treated properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

looksee wrote: »
    I have one of those, it regularly dies when i forget to water it, but it will come on if it is treated properly.

Do you feed it with anything in particular to bring it back?
    And is there a place where it thrives better than others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well that one does look a bit overall sicker than just wilting, but I just use something like babybio occasionally. It needs to be in a light place but not full sun, that one looks as though it could have been in hot sunlight, or maybe needs feeding.

Advertisement