If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KDL50W829

Options
  • 05-08-2014 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was going to purchase the Sony KDL50W829 from you.

I'll require a wall stand, can you recommend one? Is this model VESA stand compatible?

Lastly, is there any other manufacturer/model I should consider in the same price range that would trump the sony above?

Regards,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

I was going to purchase the Sony KDL50W829 from you.

I'll require a wall stand, can you recommend one? Is this model VESA stand compatible?

Lastly, is there any other manufacturer/model I should consider in the same price range that would trump the sony above?

Regards,
    Hi Projectmoose.

The Sony 50W829 is a fantastic TV and you would not be disappointed with it!

The stand for the Sony 50" doubles as a basic wall bracket to allow mounting to the wall.
    I checked over our main bracket supplier (SANUS) and they do not seem to do one that will match this Sony screen.
    I think from reading online you need a special Sony adapter if you want to use a different bracket other than the one supplied.

The other screen you could look at would be the Panasonic TX50AS650 priced at £899 (just reduced by £100)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50as650b/pana-tx50as650

A bracket to fit this screen would start at £49.95 for the Sanus VML5
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-brackets/sanus/vml5/sanu-vml5

Would you be looking to collect or have the screen delivered?

Any questions please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Kenny,

I was talking to Dave via email last week regarding this Sony.

I'd be looking for a articulating wall mount.
    Do you have the Sony adapter, or can you point me to where I can get one?

Thanks.

Hi Kenny,

I was talking to Dave via email last week regarding this Sony.

I'd be looking for a articulating wall mount.
    Do you have the Sony adapter, or can you point me to where I can get one?

Thanks.
    Hi Rayden Scruffy Query.

I've done a bit of digging and found the following on another forum:

The solution is this (in the absence of the Sony kit). It is made by Vogels and consists of a set of bolts and spacers which hold the VESA bracket away from the TV.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

It works perfectly and now my KDL-50W815 sits on its Zental stand. It is sold by 

http://www.av4home.co.uk/blog/guides/wall-mounting-a-new-sony-kdl-w6-series-tv/

The guide to fitting itis here

Click here to view this PDF

This seems to be what other folks have been using to help mount theirs.

Thanks Kenny. I found that link myself. 15 GBP isn't so bad, but they want 18.50 GBP delivery. So about 45 EUR just for a few bolts. :( And then I have to buy a stand as well.

It's a bit crazy that Sony didn't make the TV VESA stand compatible.

I'll have to think about it some more, thanks as always for your input guys.

Thanks Kenny. I found that link myself. 15 GBP isn't so bad, but they want 18.50 GBP delivery. So about 45 EUR just for a few bolts. :( And then I have to buy a stand as well.

Hey Rayden Scruffy Query.

No problem at all.

Give me a shout when you have had a think over it :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Moose,

there actually is an official Sony adaptor called the SUWA1 which is a Vesa adaptor plate: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv-brackets/sony/suwa1/sony-su-wa1-vesa-adp

We have limited stocks of this and it retails for £29.95 - however to be honest it actually takes the TV quite a long way out from the wall so I'd advise a careful think about how you want the TV to look and be sure you are comfortable with it sitting away from the wall prior to ordering.

Sorry we took so long to revert with the correct advice and of course keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks john. You're right, it looks like it'll push the tv out from the wall. I've gone ahead with the adapter kit with an agreed 4 GBP delivery charge. A lot better than the 18.50 GBP delivery! So 18.96 GBP in total for the adapter kit.

I'm just looking for a suitable bracket now for the wall type we have.

Cheers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.